The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Plugin Guitar Pedal/Effects Amp Sim & Guitar Effects Plugins
Old 7th July 2016
Plugin Guitar Pedal/Effects

Before I even get started, let me acknowledge that there is no actual need to do any of this; however, it's interesting to be able to mix/match with the spoils of all the tech we have available to us.

I've been using Amplitube pretty exclusively for quite awhile, but have been playing around with S-Gear (thanks, Slate) and it got me thinking... I like a lot of the pedals in Amplitube, so I put Amplitube 4 on a GTR solo as an insert, dropped in some pedals I like, turned off all output but the DI, so it's now just sending out the GTR through the pedals. Then into S-Gear. It's cool. Again, totally cumbersome way of doing it; however, I like having options!

So, my question to y'all is: What are your go to GTR FX plugins?

Also have NI Guitar Rig 5 and the various GTR FX within S1 Pro, which are all great.

I'm running Windows 10, 64 bit... Primary DAW is Studio One Pro
Old 8th July 2016
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgood View Post
What are your go to GTR FX plugins?
It depends on the sound you want to achieve.
Old 8th July 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by andiw View Post
It depends on the sound you want to achieve.
Outside of edm and rap we do everything here...
Old 8th July 2016
I am a Guitar Player and a Plugin Freak !! been trying everything out there ...

I must say I was really impressed with Scuffham included in the Slate Mix Bundle ... not too bad ... I own a lot of Guitar emulations from Guitar Rig to Amplitube to Eleven (Rack+Plugins) Positive Grid, Waves GTR ....

To me Eleven is the closest it can get to the real thing (Nothing beat the sound of real Tubes and Amp) but Eleven is really close then comes Positive Grid BIAS Amp ... and the rest of the plugins sounds the same to my ears ....
Old 8th July 2016
I saw positive grid was on sale... But, I'm -- and more importantly, my gtr and bass players are -- really happy with the amp sim choices we have...

Pedals!!!
Old 8th July 2016
so what ? you need pedals plugins ?? or an AMP Simulator ?
Old 8th July 2016
Got amp sims well covered...

Just wanna hear about ITB pedal/effects
Old 8th July 2016
You have to get the Positive Grid FX Pedals or the Eleven Rack Plugin Effects that come bundled with Pro Tools
Old 8th July 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bechara View Post
You have to get the Positive Grid FX Pedals or the Eleven Rack Plugin Effects that come bundled with Pro Tools
11 rack is pt only yah?
Old 8th July 2016
Nop !! it can be used as a soundcard for other DAWs
Old 8th July 2016
Gear Maniac
maybe it'll be interesting for u to check d16. i use them on guitar. but u should see for urself :]
Old 8th July 2016
Gear Head

There's a spring reverb model native to Logic that sounds pretty good.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search