The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Intellimouse USB receiver alternative? Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 7th July 2016
Lives for gear

Intellimouse USB receiver alternative?

Over the years I've come to prefer Microsoft Intellimouses, and there's no shortage of the wireless versions at Goodwill and other thrift stores. But the USB "base" that connects to your computer is like a big bar of soap! For desktop PCs this is fine, but for laptops I'd prefer something more along the size of a USB Bluetooth or typical WiFi dongle.

For all I know maybe it's possible to connect another way, or even use the tiny Logitech one here. So far i didn't get them to match though.

Workable ideas much appreciated
Old 8th July 2016
They used to make a 'notebook' version of the Intellimouse. I bought one maybe 10 years ago and really wish I could find the box its in! I know what you mean about the big bar of soap receiver haha Ive got one sitting right here hooked up to my Mac. The laptop version had a smaller dongle sized USB stick you plugged in. When you have to throw everything back in a laptop bag, it even snapped to the bottom of the mouse for storage. I don't think I could connect my full size Intellimouse Explorer to that dongle though, it only worked with the mini mouse. The Intellimice weren't Bluetooth either (unless it specifically says it is), it was their own wireless thing so you couldn't just go get any wireless receiver and get them to work.
Old 8th July 2016
Lives for gear

That's reason enough to keep an eye out for the notebook version and see if its receiver works. I know you said it probably won't work but I could always use the little Intellimouse then.

There are times I wonder if Logitech mice aren't designed by companies that also make pain relief products

I never even use extra buttons on Intellimice, just left & right click, wheel and wheel button, but the contour under the hand is pretty okay.
Old 9th July 2016
I have a very small wireless mouse that I bought at Fry's Electronics, it's receiver is a super small USB stub, works great on my desktop PC, but would make a perfect laptop mouse.
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search