The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Audient iD22 won't install on OSX 10.11 El Capitan Audio Interfaces
Old 7th July 2016
Lives for gear

Audient iD22 won't install on OSX 10.11 El Capitan

Anyone using the Audient iD22 with Mac OSX 10.11 El Capitan?

I just got one from Front End Audio but can't get the installer to work. Granted, the downloadable file says "Mac installer for 10.6.8 only"--but it's the only Mac installer available on their website.

Frustrating, especially after all of the good things I had heard about this thing.

EDIT: Got it solved, see the fix below.

Last edited by VO Guy; 9th July 2016 at 08:10 PM..
Old 7th July 2016
Lives for gear

Not sure what bit of the website you're looking at, but the very first link on the download page is this one:

Driver: iD Mac Drivers - OSX 10.7.5 and later - v3.1.8 [.dmg, 17.6MB]

https://audient.com/products/audio-i...d22/downloads/

EDIT....Note that you'll also need the new firmware

Firmware: iD22 Firmware v2.0.5 - For drivers v3 and later
Old 7th July 2016
Lives for gear

Yes I downloaded those files, but they don't contain the installer...the only installer says 10.6.8 only.....I downloaded the "OSX 10.7.5 and later" file but it won't do anything without the software being installed.
Old 7th July 2016
Old 8th July 2016
Lives for gear

Thanks for the tip, I really appreciate it. Unfortunately not the answer to this issue.
Old 8th July 2016
Lives for gear

I have downloaded the top link repeatedly, and opened it repeatedly, and it won't activate any kind of installer. I think this file contains the drivers but not the installation software.
Old 8th July 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by VO Guy View Post
I have downloaded the top link repeatedly, and opened it repeatedly, and it won't activate any kind of installer. I think this file contains the drivers but not the installation software.
I guess it's more complicated than I imagined.

I think there's a USB key in the box with the unit? Maybe that App drives it somehow.

Try and see if their video helps.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI5XxS2YHDA
Old 8th July 2016
Lives for gear

I appreciate the help though.

Last edited by VO Guy; 8th July 2016 at 06:22 AM..
Old 8th July 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by VO Guy View Post
Anyone using the Audient iD22 with Mac OSX 10.11 El Capitan?

I just got one from Front End Audio but can't get the installer to work. Granted, the downloadable file says "Mac installer for 10.6.8 only"--but it's the only Mac installer available on their website.

Frustrating, especially after all of the good things I had heard about this thing.
Hello there,

Sorry for for any confusion caused by the installation process but hopefully we can get you up and running again.

As mentioned by others in the thread you want to be using the v3.1.8 drivers for OSX 10.7.5 or later. These can be found here:

https://audient.com/products/audio-i...d22/downloads/

To install, simply open the .dmg file and when the finder window opens, drag the iD app into your applications folder. That is all the installation you have to do, there isn't any installer like with the version for OSX 10.6.8.

You can then open the iD app by clicking on the icon in your application folder. Depending on your security settings, you may need to go to your system preferences, click on 'Security and Privacy' and then click on the notification for the iD app.

This should then launch it and you should be up and running. If you do have any issues with the installation then please get in touch with us at [email protected] and we'll be more than happy to help you out.

All the best,

Daniel Mills
Old 9th July 2016
Lives for gear

Thanks for everyone's input. Here's what we finally figured out in order to fix the issue:

In "Security and Privacy" (located in "Preferences"), I needed to enable the iD software to control my computer by checking the box .
It turned out that the iD4 software works with my particular Mac version without any apparent issues. (unlike the iD22 software)

Audient tech support was impressive. I received a prompt reply to my e-mail, although it took calling them to resolve the issue.
They answered on the second ring, I didn't have to wait on hold, and I was up and running in about 10 minutes.

I'm sold! Thanks again.
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search