The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Vocal Harmonizer plugin for live sets? Multi-Effects Processors (HW)
Old 7th July 2016
Gear Head
Vocal Harmonizer plugin for live sets?

Running an Ableton Live setup, I was looking for something to add vocal harmonies on the fly. I'd prefer a plugin but could be convinced if a hardware solution fits better. Any suggestions?
Old 7th July 2016
Lives for gear

The Digitech Vocalist Live 3 works great and is built tough for the road. It's super easy to use and you can set the stomp button for momentary so you just hold it down when you want harmony and let off then you don't. I've used one for the past 5 years and wouldn't even consider a plug in. The Live 3 could sit on the floor and you trigger harmonies from either the mixing station or let the performer do it from the mic stand area.
Old 7th July 2016
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbvoxx View Post
The Digitech Vocalist Live 3 works great and is built tough for the road. It's super easy to use and you can set the stomp button for momentary so you just hold it down when you want harmony and let off then you don't. I've used one for the past 5 years and wouldn't even consider a plug in. The Live 3 could sit on the floor and you trigger harmonies from either the mixing station or let the performer do it from the mic stand area.
Does that one require a guitar to set the key of the song or do you have to set that manually for each song? I've looked at the TC Helicon pedals and so far they are my fallback for a plugin. Right now I have 8 button midi pedal I'm using to trigger all my current effects so I'd like to continue using that if possible.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search