The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Mobo for i7 4790k?
Old 4th July 2016
Here for the gear

Mobo for i7 4790k?

Im about to build a new PC, have an Intel i7 4790k CPU and now just trying to find the best motherboard to go with it..

Just wondering which motherboards the 4790k users here have and how stable\reliable the systems have been?

Ive been looking at the Asus Z97 - But which version?
Z97-A was my first choice but ive since seen others and cant decide.
Old 4th July 2016
Lives for gear

Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3 always worked well for use with Intel Haswell Refresh CPU like 4790k.
With couple of installations.. there are no complaints, no returns and reliable so far.. I never use any overclocking tough.

Michal
Old 6th July 2016
Gear Maniac

Hello,

The asus z97-a would be a good budget choice if you can still find one. Also, remember you dont need z97, you can do h97 but wont be able to overclock and max memory speed will be 1600mhz. Many people are ok with that but otherwise for faster ram and overclocking you will need z97 like planned. Asrock also made some good h97/z97 boards.

Its really going to come down to what it still in stock now a days
Old 6th July 2016
Gear Head

Been running an Asus Z97 Deluxe NFC/WLC for more than a year with Thunderbolt. Rock solid.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search