The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Apollo8p convertors vs Rosetta 800? Audio Interfaces
Old 3rd July 2016
Here for the gear

Apollo8p convertors vs Rosetta 800?

Hey all. For years, I've been using 2 Apogee Rosetta 800s as my multitrack ADC/DAC, an Apogee mini DAC for monitoring, and an Apogee Big Ben for WC sync. I'm thinking about slimming down my rig, and basing it around a single Apollo 8p, an Apollo Twin (both t-bolt), a maxed-out MacBook Pro and 2 external usb3 ssd's for recording and sample streamng respectively.

Can any of you tell me from experience whether the DA/AD conversion in the latest Apollos is in the same league as these particular Apogee products?

Also, do you think the ssds will still function well if connected to the Mac via a usb3 hub, along with an ilok and an extrrnal qwerty keyboard? Would like to dedicate the MacBook's other usb port to my Virus TI, which is a usb hog.

Thanks for any advice.
Old 30th July 2016
Gear Nut

bump

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search