The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
SSL "Quad to Cues" in - ProTools land DAW Software
Old 2nd July 2016
SSL "Quad to Cues" in - ProTools land

One of the simple classic way of setting up a Cue mix on the SSL consoles was "Quad To Cues". This was done by pressing the REC, VCA to Monitor and MIX, buttons on the console. Now the Cue mix was the same mix as you were listen to (including the quad buss compressor), however if you 'soloed' a track, it wouldn't happen in the cans. The additional great part, was that if the "musician" wanted a bit more of "-----", You just pushed down the Cue L/R button on that track and added some of "that", to their cue mix. Saved you having to totally setup a completely independent mix for their cans.

This worked perfectly for me 1984 > 2003. Now I'm working totally ITB.

I've spent alot of time in PT's land trying to recreate this setup, but I'm having no luck. Tried Sending the stereo mix to busses before the master fader, etc, etc.

If anyone has this setup working, If you can show use a screen shot, that would be great.

Thanks in advance.
Ron 'Obvious' Vermeulen
Old 2nd July 2016
Gear Maniac

All your track outputs -> Bus 1/2 -> Aux input -> Main Outs
That Aux Input -> Pre-fade send to Bus 3/4 ->Aux Input -> Foldback Outputs

Any 'more me' desires just pre-fade send to bus 3/4 from specific tracks but it's difficult to get around the solo issue.
Old 3rd July 2016
Gear Guru

Pro Tools 12 - How To Set Up Headphone Mixes In Pro Tools 12.1 — Pro Tools Expert ... but make all your sends PRe-fader .. you could also ONLY open up your Stem tracks for HP mixes .... adding in individual tracks when needed as you say .. i think the solo's work correctly this way ... would have to test ..

you have probably already setup your sends this way but not sure if you knew about the Copy to Sends HD feature they added into the normal PT version after 12.1 ...
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search