The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Why doesn't the Lynx E44 get more love?
Old 2nd July 2016
Lives for gear

Why doesn't the Lynx E44 get more love?

Nobody's dissing it, not saying that…you just don't see a lot of posts in general about the piece. Is it because most people that are buying interfaces in this general price range are looking for TB, FW,or USB devices that have more I/O, bells and whistles and things you think?

I had an Aurora 16 & 8, I miss them dearly. I don't need all the I/O, I don't know why I haven't gotten an E44 yet.

Therapy.
Old 2nd July 2016
Gear Addict
This is likely due to the lack of portability. The E22 or E44 could become my next converter. I'm hesitant on the 22 because I'd have no options for a separate cue mix.

Currently happy with a 1st gen Babyface but it's never left my studio, so I don't think I really need the portability I thought I did. Don't need so many bells and whistles, just solid drivers, great conversion and the lowest possible latency. My next upgrade will either be one of these Lynx PCIe cards or a more affordable RME Thunderbolt interface if they ever make one.
Old 2nd July 2016
Lives for gear

Yeah, that sounds logical for sure. Thanks for posting.
Old 9th July 2016
Lives for gear

Anybody else?
Old 9th July 2016
Lives for gear

I have a couple of Aurora 16's in my commercial space and really liked the look of the E44 for my home studio. I didn't want a headphone amp, monitor controller, preamps etc just solid converters. In the end though I went with a Mac Mini which of course doesn't have pcie slots. I think if they stuck it in a small box with a USB or FireWire they would sell plenty.
Old 15th July 2016
Lives for gear

Thanks for the reply Ed, yah I'm still on a dinosaur Mac Pro 3,1 & I guess I'm debating whether to do it or bite the bullet and put the coin towards a newer generation Mac Pro and say goodbye to pcie.
Old 15th July 2016
Gear Guru

due to the updated converters with these Cards, i have thought several times lately to add one of these to the system i have and use the AES16 card i have for inserts / a bit of a patchbay, and when i need more than 4 inputs ..

you could grab one of these and put it in a PCIe chassis (TB or i would have to look at other options) .. and then have it ready when you decide to Dump your Cheese Grater ... i am trying to keep mine as long as possible ..
Old 16th July 2016
Lives for gear

I bought one and it should be here Tuesday. No lie im probably gonna use the outputs more to feed my MPC and to feed the monitor outs. I might use the inputs for some stuff just to test out how they sound.
Old 5th October 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuc647 View Post
I bought one and it should be here Tuesday. No lie im probably gonna use the outputs more to feed my MPC and to feed the monitor outs. I might use the inputs for some stuff just to test out how they sound.
Hi, di you get it and if so...thoughts?

TIA!
Old 5th October 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by amost View Post

TIA!
Hi there, yeah i got it but ive been busy at work and had to solder some cables to get everything connected including dsubs(dont bother and just buy the crimp tool if you decide to do it) I havent even connected the AD to anything yet but have the DA going to my C24 for monitoring. I took an administration day yesterday so i have thurs-sunday to sit there and get everything connected and running smooth. I will say one thing though that i thought the lynx mixer was going to be easier to route audio thru, its less compplicated than the E-MU mixer but im still having trouble getting all 4 outputs to work simultaneously. Very strange .
Old 20th March 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by deuc647 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by amost View Post

TIA!
Hi there, yeah i got it but ive been busy at work and had to solder some cables to get everything connected including dsubs(dont bother and just buy the crimp tool if you decide to do it) I havent even connected the AD to anything yet but have the DA going to my C24 for monitoring. I took an administration day yesterday so i have thurs-sunday to sit there and get everything connected and running smooth. I will say one thing though that i thought the lynx mixer was going to be easier to route audio thru, its less compplicated than the E-MU mixer but im still having trouble getting all 4 outputs to work simultaneously. Very strange .

How did this card work out for ya?

E44 or Hilo... hmmmm
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search