The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
UAD 610A or Oxide Tape Channel Strip Plugins
Old 28th June 2016
Gear Addict

Question UAD 610A or Oxide Tape

I have some UAD coupons and I'm trying to decide between the 610A or the Oxide Tape plugin. I can't demo at the moment and my coupons run out soon. Considering I have the 610B but don't have any UAD tape plugins would it be better to pick the Oxide or is the 610A different enough from the 610B to pick that. Any help would be great!
Old 28th June 2016
Deleted User
610a is definitely different enough and better to warrant it. If you can get Studer and/or Ampex later I'd pass on the Oxide anyway.
Old 28th June 2016
Lives for gear

Checked the oxide out myself again yesterday, as I have some coupons to use. But being that I have the Studer and Ampex, it didn't seem like it was very useful to me. Of all the tape stuff I use the Studer quite a bit.If you have one of the 610 plugs you should have both. They are a collection. A couple more I'm found of if you don't have them are the brainworx saturator and the refinement plug. The Saturator probably does more, as the refinement if sort of specialized...but I use them both quite a bit.
L.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search