The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Midas Venice F series Firewire 800 to 400 DAW Software
Old 28th June 2016
Here for the gear
Midas Venice F series Firewire 800 to 400

Hey guys, i'm considering a Midas Venice F series mixing console for studio use. Read some good reviews but have come across a concern with the stability of the Midas Venice F series consoles maybe not agreeing with the Firewire 800 port on my 2009 Mac Pro Desktop.

Wondering if anyone is using a Firewire 800 to 400 adapter cable with the Midas Venice F series consoles without problems...dropouts, pops, clicks, etc...?

Thanks
Old 29th June 2016
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by cory508 View Post
Hey guys, i'm considering a Midas Venice F series mixing console for studio use. Read some good reviews but have come across a concern with the stability of the Midas Venice F series consoles maybe not agreeing with the Firewire 800 port on my 2009 Mac Pro Desktop.

Wondering if anyone is using a Firewire 800 to 400 adapter cable with the Midas Venice F series consoles without problems...dropouts, pops, clicks, etc...?

Thanks
I own the F24. I have an older version of Pro Tools that won't talk to non-digidesign interfaces, so I couldn't tell you anything about using the console as an interface from personal experience. However, when I do upgrade my DAW software, I will try it just to see how it compares to my current setup. What I do know is that if you use the Venice as an interface, it won't do more than 48k sampling.

That said, I use it straight analog and I like it. The EQ section is tight unless you have baby hands, but it sounds good in my opinion. Pretty good console for the value IMO.

My point is you could always use it with another interface.
Old 14th July 2016
Here for the gear

Dave here with Music-Group
There shouldn't be any issues using an 400 to 800 firewire cable on your Mac. If it were the other way around, that is where you would start running into issues. Firewire 400 spits out 400Mbps, and 800Mbps for firewire 800. Essentially your Mac has a greater bandwidth than the console is utilizing. I personally have used the cable on my 2009 Mac with no issues. Hope this helps.
Old 14th July 2016
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKNIGHTM.K.T. View Post
Dave here with Music-Group
There shouldn't be any issues using an 400 to 800 firewire cable on your Mac. If it were the other way around, that is where you would start running into issues. Firewire 400 spits out 400Mbps, and 800Mbps for firewire 800. Essentially your Mac has a greater bandwidth than the console is utilizing. I personally have used the cable on my 2009 Mac with no issues. Hope this helps.
Thanks Dave! That's reassuring to know. I appreciate you responding, one of my concerns is that it's nearly impossible to get any tech support on the phone over at Midas. Nice to see i can get some incite out here.
Old 1st August 2016
Here for the gear

Music! Support and Service

You may reach us at [email protected] by phone at +1-702-800-8290 (US) or +44 1562 732290 (UK). We'll be glad to assist you with any questions or concerns regarding Midas, Klark Teknik, Turbosound, Behringer, and Bugera.

Let’s keep in touch,

David Knighton
Technician, Customer Care
MUSIC
Midas Klark Teknik Turbousound
Old 14th January 2019
Gear Nut

I'd replace the board because that corrosion is pretty difficult to stop. I've built 5 KLM367's from blank PCB's and it was about $80 a board or something. IT's not too bad
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search