The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Sonnox Oxford EQ Alternative Equalizer Plugins
Old 27th June 2016
Gear Head

Sonnox Oxford EQ Alternative

Hi!
Does somebody know some good alternative to the Sonnox Oxford EQ?
I think it has a clean, transparent sound and i´m searching for some alternative.
Cheers,
D
Old 27th June 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyonmusic View Post
Hi!
Does somebody know some good alternative to the Sonnox Oxford EQ?
I think it has a clean, transparent sound and i´m searching for some alternative.
Cheers,
D
So do you already have Sonnox EQ, or what do you missing there. Among clean EQs.. for me its more about workflow, not about sound itself, which is typically very similar if you match the curves.
So I rather think about how quickly you can reach the sonic goal.

Most of current DAW clean EQs are pretty good and sufficient too.. Let's say in Cubase, Samplitude, Logic, Ableton etc.
To me basic characteristic of Sonnox EQ is fixed console like layout with knobs, particular color coding and fixed frequency ranges and curve responses. If you like that.. than it's can be good choice IMO.

If you rather like direct EQ curve editing, then most popular choice would be probably either Fabfilter ProQ-2 or DMG Equick/Equilibrium.. DMG Equilibrium is king of clean EQs with regards to different and insane processing options and customizable UI. ProQ-2 has everything important really quickly accessible in one of best UIs, including very quick split M/S or L/R EQing.. minimum or linear phase processing, EQ matching etc.

If you want something simple to use and affordable within track-essential bundle, then Toneboosters EQ is also pretty good to me..
TB Equalizer

Michal
Old 27th June 2016
Gear Nut

Air is my go to EQ. Just brilliant.
Old 27th June 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Goodwin View Post
Air is my go to EQ. Just brilliant.
+1
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search