The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Guidance for die-hard Mac user considering transition to Wndows 10
Old 27th June 2016
Gear Nut

Guidance for die-hard Mac user considering transition to Wndows 10

Hello,

I have been a Mac Uer since 1998 - 75MHz PowerMac 7200 with Cubase VST3.
Loved the Mac and used various DAW, with Logic being the primary one since v8.

My entire eco-system has been apple-centric up to this point. It's just that apple has been disappointing in terms of it's computer offerings, and a clear shift towards Cubase Pro 8.5 as my primary DAW.

I'm not a pro, but am very intense about creating music. My pieces are primarily constructed with virtual instruments, with some electric and acoutic guitar, up to around 60 tracks. MIDI guitar is my input device.

Having read many threads here and elsewhere, I'm not interested in Mac vs. PC, Logic vs. Cubase, etc.

Any input you can provide is much appreciated

1. Best pre-built computers in the USA? ADK, PCAudioLabs? Other? (I'm not oblivious that this is probably an outrageously subjective question.) Price vs. quality, durability, tech support that is patient with new Windows users?

2. I can back up my system with confidence, then erase and clean install everthing! What sources of information can I read to acquire this and related skills for Windows?

3.What sources of information can you point to, to help me understand how to set up an optimize the Wndows environment for Cubase, StudioOne 3, and DP?

4. Anything else?

Thanks,
w, aka Controller 11
Old 27th June 2016
Lives for gear

1. Never read a bad thing about ADK and they're very present on the forum.

2. Acronis True Image. I've used it for years with never an issue. Minutes to a fresh OS install with all programs and settings intact instead of hours.

3. Plenty of optimization links here and via Google. Not really as critical as in years past.
Old 27th June 2016
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashedmitten View Post
1. Never read a bad thing about ADK and they're very present on the forum.

2. Acronis True Image. I've used it for years with never an issue. Minutes to a fresh OS install with all programs and settings intact instead of hours.

3. Plenty of optimization links here and via Google. Not really as critical as in years past.
Thanks!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search