The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
anyone upgraded from Symphony I/O to mkII? DAW Software
Old 26th June 2016
Gear Addict
anyone upgraded from Symphony I/O to mkII?

very happy with my Symphony I/O but am curious how substantial the improvements are in MKII. Looking forward to hearing feedback from MKII users, especially those that have experience with the original version.
Old 29th June 2016
Gear Addict
any Apogee Symphony I/O MkII users?
Old 29th June 2016
Following. Im totally sticking with my old series one unit, its giving me no reason to upgrade.
Old 29th June 2016
Gear Nut

Got the 1st version and I don't see any reason to upgrade
Old 29th June 2016
Lives for gear

From what i understand, the A/D in mkII is improved but the D/A is the same if that helps any.
Old 29th June 2016
Lives for gear

No, the 8x8 card is improved on the A/D as well as D/A side. The mic module is the same as the mk I. From a measurement standpoint the A/D is the best single stage converter available today. The D/A is also among the best. The mk II has some advantages aside from the audio quality. Mainly the direct Pro Tools HD connection eliminates the need for the Tunderbridge. This is very welcome as the TB introduced a grounding problem, resulting in a small amount of hum with some systems. The touch display is very nice. The main downside is the currently missing stand alone mode which will be hopefully introduced in the future. But I agree, there is very little reason for mk I owner to upgrade. Both are excellent.

Last edited by Friedemann; 29th June 2016 at 03:05 PM.. Reason: typo
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search