The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Icon - QCon Pro - DAW Controller Control Surfaces
Old 22nd August 2016
IconProAudio
Quote:
Originally Posted by djwaxxy View Post
Also if this post is true its not exactlly a post too be proud off.there basically slagging of there own company which is very unproffesional and shows theres distane within company ranks but at the end of the day icon is chinese not american and the chinese dont handle critasism well i bet the guy who posted that remark no longer works for icon.
Yes. Icon Digital USA has been slagging, and no, they no longer work for us.
Old 22nd August 2016
IconProAudio
Quote:
Originally Posted by greggybud View Post
My apologies, they changed the name. 1.5 years ago the prototype was the Icon G2 and more recently it was changed from the Icon G2 to the Icon Pro X. It's the same unit.

If you are asking about Icon QconPro that has been available for years, vs. Icon Pro X, that is not available yet, the specs show the resolution is higher. Someone said 10bit. I have never had any issues with fader resolution at 7 bit. Considering the physical fader length, I'm not sure how a higher resolution will really be a big improvement. Maybe someone else can demonstrate?

Unlike the QconPro, there is no DAW plastic overlay as you can clearly see. You order your version based on your DAW.
Other than that, I have been wondering what the differences between the QconPro and the ProX are too. Reading the specs, I can't see much difference other than the higher fader resolution.
Last I checked, the unit is not available yet. Some places are taking pre-orders.
And maybe...they are still figuring how tech support is going to work?
Yes, this thread and review is about the Icon Qcon Pro X. The preproduction name was the G2, but that was changed.

The QCon Pro X is available now in limited quantities at select retailers, but will be in stock at most others by September. And yes, we'll be available at Guitar Center, Sweetwater, and we're already in Sam Ash, B&H, Zzounds, Amazon, and many others.

Improvements between the QCon Pro and QCon Pro-X are:

- 10bit fader resolution vs. 8bit fader resolution: (Yes, the 8bit resolution isn't bad at all, but the 10bit resolution is noticeably smoother. The difference is subtle, but noticeable.)

- The meter bridge: Having the meter bridge stand up on the back vs. next to the fader is a pretty big deal, as it's a bit easier to view.

- The Pro X will have a built in plate for each DAW, but also includes the plastic overlays for additional DAWs in each box. So you can order with your favorite, or switch to manual mode, if you use multiple DAWs.

- The buttons on the Pro X are made of a slightly higher quality component, and are different plastic, so users may find it easier to press multiple buttons more quickly. Again, if you have a Qcon Pro, you'll find this wasn't a huge issue, but there is a noticeable difference in the feel.

- Other changes are in design. Black vs. silver color. The Pro X is a little lighter that the Qcon Pro, though just as durable. Pro X is a few millimeters thinner, so the footprint is just a hair smaller.

I hope that helps to answer most of the questions and concerns expressed here. Please feel free to visit our website or hit us up on social media if you have additional questions.

Thanks!!
Old 22nd August 2016
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by IconProAudio View Post
Icon Digital USA is no longer the US distributor for Icon products. The new distributor, as was correctly stated above is Mixware, LLC. The correct company website is now iconproaudio.com/.

Any tech issues should be addressed to our Help Center on the same site, and we can get you going.

Unfortunately, Icon Digital USA has been posting misleading information on their website and on social media. If you want OFFICIAL Icon Pro Audio info please visit IconProAudio.com or @ IconProAudio on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and coming soon, more on YouTube.
ah ok - fair enough - thanks for clearing that up. Controllers work great so far by the way.
Old 13th February 2017
Gear Head

I know this topic is old, but does anybody know if there is an expander available for the QCON PRO X? It´s a bit pointless to only have 8 faders... just curious.
Old 13th February 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigidaudio View Post
I know this topic is old, but does anybody know if there is an expander available for the QCON PRO X? It´s a bit pointless to only have 8 faders... just curious.
Where the hell you been at???? LMAO!!!! Just joking. Icon is going to release them in July. You can see pics and us holding a conversation about the unit in this threadin the link below.
Any new control surface being unveiled at NAMM 2017
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search