The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Scope Sound Card on Win 8.1
Old 24th June 2016
Here for the gear

Exclamation Scope Sound Card on Win 8.1

Hello everyone!
I was using windows 7 and my scope sound card was working very well. But then my windows upgraded to 8.1 and now I'm trying to install scope driver, it says ''Error''. Does anybody knows the reason?

ASrock H87 Performance
16 GB ram
Samsung 250 Gb SSDisk
Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit
Scope Professional 14 DSP.⁠⁠⁠⁠
Old 24th June 2016
Lives for gear

Is there a W8 driver? Did you try running it as admin.?
Old 25th June 2016
Lives for gear

There are people using SonicCore SCOPE dsp platform with Windows 8 and Windows 10. You need to turn off Driver-Signing before installing SCOPE on Windows 8/10. Driver-Signing is the big difference between both O/S's you've used when it comes to SCOPE. It is very expensive to comply with as Microsoft wants a lot of money for it from what I hear. But not a problem you just have to be aware of it and turn it off. Go to the SCOPE forums for help from people who are using it on most recent O/S's. GearSlutz isn't that great of a place for SCOPE dsp tech-support since it's not dedicated for it and SCOPE is so niche. Here's a link to the proper forum - [email protected] • Index page

Last edited by Sounddesigner; 25th June 2016 at 10:41 PM..
Old 27th June 2016
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashedmitten View Post
Is there a W8 driver? Did you try running it as admin.?
Yes I did. But at the end of the installation windows showing me ''error''... Btw thanks for replying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sounddesigner View Post
There are people using SonicCore SCOPE dsp platform with Windows 8 and Windows 10. You need to turn off Driver-Signing before installing SCOPE on Windows 8/10. Driver-Signing is the big difference between both O/S's you've used when it comes to SCOPE. It is very expensive to comply with as Microsoft wants a lot of money for it from what I hear. But not a problem you just have to be aware of it and turn it off. Go to the SCOPE forums for help from people who are using it on most recent O/S's. GearSlutz isn't that great of a place for SCOPE dsp tech-support since it's not dedicated for it and SCOPE is so niche. Here's a link to the proper forum - [email protected] • Index page
I will try it! Actually I was thinking about asking to PlanetZ. But I was waiting for activation of my account by admin on planetz. I will ask it on PlanetZ also! But first I will try to turn-off Driver-Signing. Thank you so much for reply!
Old 28th June 2016
Lives for gear

No problem! Good luck!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search