The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Interface with 200 stereo outputs Audio Interfaces
Old 28th June 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audinate Tech EU View Post
Guys - Can we just clarify a few things - DAW Plus (Leon??)
Yes, it is me. Hi!

Quote:
I may have missed it... but did it say it had to be a playback system?
It strongly sounds like it, as it sounds in post #5
Quote:
I know you sell DAW systems and that you are 100% focused upon that - but doing 200 or even 400 outputs on a network is very trivial for a Dante system.
I know, I was indeed strictly referring to the PCIe card in a workstation, as Psycho Monkey referred to PT systems. I should have been a bit clearer on that! Sorry if that confused or misguided anyone.
Old 28th June 2016
Hi Leon - Hope you are well.

So the OP asked for an interface - I can see why the assumption was made that this was a Playback/Record/DAW system... have you guys seen the system T from SSL - it has 3000 Dante I/O which is pretty colossal...

maybe not appropriate price bracket for some projects.

anyway - all good, and of course Love the DAWplus products.

see you soon

Kieran
Old 28th June 2016
Lives for gear

The OP never chimed back in with specifics of his needs like actual amount of separate stereo feeds running different program material at the same time. Until many more details are provided we all are just guessing.
Old 28th June 2016
Lives for gear
If you need a simple playback of 200 channels, a cheap and decent sounding option would be 25 Orange Pi (similar to Raspberry Pi) computers and 25 ESI Gigaport HD+ audio interfaces. It would cost about €4500 for the whole system. If you need a synchronized playback, you can send a timecode over the network.
If you don't care about (sound) quality, you could also try several Orange Pi's with cheap 5.1 or 7.1 USB soundcards that you can find on Ebay for less than $10. You might be able to make a system for less than €800, but I have no idea if those interfaces have ALSA drivers, the ESI does, so it should be possible to make it work on Linux.
Old 28th June 2016
Gear Guru

you beat me to this .. the OP never said anything about Budget, or Actual Needs ..

standing by for more info ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassmankr View Post
The OP never chimed back in with specifics of his needs like actual amount of separate stereo feeds running different program material at the same time. Until many more details are provided we all are just guessing.
Old 28th June 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAW PLUS View Post
Yes, it is me. Hi!

It strongly sounds like it, as it sounds in post #5
I know, I was indeed strictly referring to the PCIe card in a workstation, as Psycho Monkey referred to PT systems. I should have been a bit clearer on that! Sorry if that confused or misguided anyone.
Yeh sorry - my reference to Dante was independent to PT - I was referring to the system in general.
Old 29th June 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audinate Tech EU View Post
Hi Leon - Hope you are well.

So the OP asked for an interface - I can see why the assumption was made that this was a Playback/Record/DAW system... have you guys seen the system T from SSL - it has 3000 Dante I/O which is pretty colossal...

maybe not appropriate price bracket for some projects.

anyway - all good, and of course Love the DAWplus products.

see you soon

Kieran
All fine, Kieran! Your input and vision are always welcome.
And yes, I've seen System-T, it is a jaw dropper of the first order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_monkey View Post
Yeh sorry - my reference to Dante was independent to PT - I was referring to the system in general.
No problem, it wasn't an accusation, rather my interpretation of it.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search