The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Cool, free plugin for Valhalla customers only. Mas­ter­ing Plugins
Old 22nd June 2016
Lives for gear
Cool, free plugin for Valhalla customers only.

Sean is offering a free Space Modulator plugin for Valhalla customers that take a survey. Normally I hate surveys, and this one takes a few minutes. But the plugin is quite cool. If you're a Valhalla customer, you should do it.

I'm not affiliated, and typically not a Valhalla fan boy, but this is good stuff.
Old 22nd June 2016
You need to do the survey. And the little plug produces great flanging (and related) effects
Old 22nd June 2016
Lives for gear
You have to take the survey. And if you're looking for an opportunity to give him some feedback, this is an excellent chance.

I use Soundtoys Microshift a lot, but I may well replace it with this. It's got some great chorus and doubling effects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSTSlut View Post
Good to know. Do you have to do the survey to get the plug, or is it there for existing customers? I could look, but I'm not in any rush.

Actually, I'm rather interested in doing the survey, as I don't really see where Sean can go next after covering so much ground so well. I'd be doing surveys too if I was him. Lord knows I don't need another reverb, from anyone, in fact. Must be hard being a dev.

I'm sure the plugin sounds great though. Uber mod has been a revelation.

One thing's for sure, Sean's next plug is going to be really really interesting.

cheers.
Old 22nd June 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Even though I have all the plugs I could ever desire, . . .
Says the guy called "VST Slut".

I have all the Valhalla stuff, but can't resist another.
Old 23rd June 2016
Lives for gear

Nice!

Won't have a chance to check it out until tomorrow.. does anyone know if it has any latency?

Old 23rd June 2016
Tui
Gear Guru

It must have taken him months just to design the GUI!

Old 23rd June 2016
ValhallaDSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Black View Post
Nice!

Won't have a chance to check it out until tomorrow.. does anyone know if it has any latency?

I think that the shortest delay is 1 or 2 samples latency (there needs to be a sample or 2 for the interpolation). The dry signal has no latency.
Old 23rd June 2016
ValhallaDSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tui View Post
It must have taken him months just to design the GUI!

4 months. We were lucky to have multiple members of our Milan design team working in parallel on this project.
Old 23rd June 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Cheers, figured as much.

If it's anything like Uber Mod, it will do delays, flanging, chorus, mangling and reverb, so I expect it to cover more bases than what it says on the tin.

Even though I have all the plugs I could ever desire, I still get excited when new things like this crop up. Especially from Valhalla.

Thanks, Sean!
You are correct. Flange, chorus, mangling, reverb, delay. Really great doubler type stuff.

I ran through all the presets on a drum loop. Sounds flippin fantastic - even the ones that were obviously for keys, bass, etc.

Will definitely see some use, and for free!

Sean's the man!
Old 23rd June 2016
Lives for gear

Yep. Does a lot a really cool stuff. I like it.
Old 23rd June 2016
Lives for gear
Obviously there were five members of the Milan team, one for each knob. Working in parallel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seancostello View Post
4 months. We were lucky to have multiple members of our Milan design team working in parallel on this project.
Old 23rd June 2016
I got it last night and played around with it a bit before going to sleep. Found some really useful sounds in it. Will hopefully have a more thourough session today after work.
Great stuff as usual from Sean.
Old 23rd June 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by seancostello View Post
Indeed Sean; the YSL influence just pops out at me.

Thank you, by the way; I did the survey, which was quite fun, especially as it didn't require much typing.

For the spirit-animal thing I chose the fish. What a classic face! Seeing that alone almost made the survey worth doing. Haven't had a chance to test the plug yet, but for the price, I doubt I'll be complaining.

Thanks again, mate.
Nicky
Old 23rd June 2016
I usually hate surveys and refuse to do them. But this one was actually fun to fill out. Thanks Valhalla for the plugin!
Old 23rd June 2016
Gear Guru
What a cool company, a real pleasure and VVV is incredible. Really don't need anything else but want to buy plate!.......
Old 23rd June 2016
Gear Maniac

Valhalla DSP... one of the cooler companies on earth I saw the email yesterday with the "survey/free plugin" offer and went right for the survey. The survey's kinda long and rather in-depth but I was glad to do it knowing it might help Sean and his company, plus I was way curious about the freebie.

"Space Modulator", the free plugin? I was expecting a GUI with Marvin the Martian worked into it somehow but alas, no Marvin. The sounds one can make with the plug go from hilarious to very useful, and back to hilarious... I love it!

Thanks Sean, you rock man!

Last edited by 58Roadrunner; 23rd June 2016 at 07:44 PM.. Reason: spelling, doh!
Old 23rd June 2016
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58Roadrunner View Post
Valhalla DSP... one of the cooler companies on earth I saw the email yesterday with the "survey/free plugin" offer and went right for the survey. The survey's kinda long and rather in-depth but I was glad to do it knowing it might help Sean and his company, plus I was way curious about the freebie.

"Space Modulator", the free plugin? I was expecting a GUI with Marvin the Martian worked into it somehow but alas, no Marvin. The sounds one can make with the plug go from hilarious to very useful, and back to hilarious... I love it!

Thanks Sean, you rock man!
I concur. The site must have been swamped, because I couldn't get into my account for a while yesterday. But the survey was painless and the plug - based on the small amount of time I've had to play with it so far - seems first-rate, full of interesting sonic possibilities.

Thanks Sean from here too!
Old 23rd June 2016
Lives for gear

Really great plugin, really some his best IMO. I kind of prefer ubermod to his verbs but that is just me, so this is just perfect.
Old 24th June 2016
Zenophobia is spreading. So sad.
Old 24th June 2016
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedberg View Post
Maybe that too, but it's not that simple.

Back to OT, this plugin sounds so good. It's thick and classy!
Old 24th June 2016
Gear Head

Quote:
He means "xenophopia" (one who uses difficult words, should master them...), but by the way, I have no clue, how this statement belongs into this thread.
However the Space Modulator is a fine piece of software. Used it today and it sounds really good!
Old 24th June 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMaster View Post
Maybe that too, but it's not that simple.

Back to OT, this plugin sounds so good. It's thick and classy!
Good redirect to the topic Let's dig this plugin!
Old 24th June 2016
Gear Head

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjuenke View Post
He means "xenophopia" (one who uses difficult words, should master them...), but by the way, I have no clue, how this statement belongs into this thread.
However the Space Modulator is a fine piece of software. Used it today and it sounds really good!
Ups! Xenophobia with a "b" of course
Old 24th June 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjuenke View Post
Sorry, sorry for keeping it OT. I did mean xenophobia (Z/X-mistake...). I was referring to Dark Blue Man and others that mentioned Brexit earlier in this thread.

But let's get back again: Sean makes great plugins
Old 24th June 2016
Lives for gear

I have spent quite some time with SpaceMod yesterday. I only planned to try it quickly and two hours later, I was still playing with it and a simple loop!

Really nice plugin. The various modes are really well thought ! It goes to where UberMod is not at ease. In a simpler way, above all.

Thanks a lot, Sean !
Old 25th June 2016
Tui
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark blue man View Post
They want to punish us for not continuing to stick with their ways.
Ordinary people will do the right opposite. You have our support, no question about it.
Old 25th June 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Zenophobia....
The fear of being calm ?
Old 25th June 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceman View Post
The fear of being calm ?
Haha. That was an entertaining spelling mistake
Old 26th June 2016
ValhallaDSP

Just a quick heads up, that we've generated a bunch of ValhallaSpaceModulator licenses by hand in the last few days, for people that show up in our system as having taken the survey but didn't get the plugin. So, if you took the survey but didn't get the SpaceModulator plugin, please check your user account!
Old 27th June 2016
Lives for gear

Good on ya, Sean!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search