The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Reverberate 2 - Life to an IR Reverb & Delay Plugins
Old 22nd June 2016
Lives for gear

Reverberate 2 - Life to an IR

Anyone here use Reverberate 2? How to generate more life/movement to an IR and make it even closer to the sound of the hardware?

We have many options with Reverberate, but what would be the coolest? Use two IR simultaneously, apply modulation (chorus), Sim-TS, etc? We can also apply a mod delay after it (Pro Tools). In the midst of so many options I walk a little lost.

Another thing that left me a little confused was the topology, I always use reverbs mono in/stereo out, most files are stereo (hardware emulations), the best option would also leave the topology in mono in/stereo out, true Stereo or parallel?

Cheers!
Old 22nd June 2016
Lives for gear
True stereo is better unless, well, you don't want true stereo. That one is easy.

But no one can give you the correct answer here. It's all subject to taste. Personally I like a lot of IR's as they are, especially the newer FIR Bricasti stuff that he has made available. I don't do much with them, they sound good to me. But adding chorus can be a nice effect, as can delay.

You should experiment and decide what sounds good to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilmanoel View Post
Anyone here use Reverberate 2? How to generate more life/movement to an IR and make it even closer to the sound of the hardware?

We have many options with Reverberate, but what would be the coolest? Use two IR simultaneously, apply modulation (chorus), Sim-TS, etc? We can also apply a mod delay after it (Pro Tools). In the midst of so many options I walk a little lost.

Another thing that left me a little confused was the topology, I always use reverbs mono in/stereo out, most files are stereo (hardware emulations), the best option would also leave the topology in mono in/stereo out, true Stereo or parallel?

Cheers!
Old 23rd June 2016
Gear Nut
I kind of remember Lexicon reverbs had some modulation in them. Avid added that to the D-verb plugin in ProTools. I actually wish I could shut it off in D-verb, because it makes loooooong reverbs go out of tune. It didn't used to do that.
Old 4th July 2016
Lives for gear

Guys, thank you for all the comments!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search