The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Gearslutz - Nominate your favorite audio interface under $300
Old 22nd June 2016
Lives for gear

Audient ID for the signal path and convertors.
Zoom UAC for the driver performance.
Old 22nd June 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rksguit View Post
The 2 reviews here at GS are making it seem more up to date than my Native Instruments Komplete 6[which performs well],with the Zoom users saying somehow it may be able to have almost RME like latency,anyone care to concur?
It's one of the closest USB to RME USB, that isn't made by RME.

32 = 4.026
64 = 5.478
128 = 8.38
256 = 14.85

The Native is still a solid performer, beating many newer interfaces that are currently flying the USB 3 flag. For me the conversion stage is starting to become noticeable when held up against other units, and the converters found the Zoom whilst not the newest thing out there (same as the old RME FW800), are certainly a step up when I've A/B'd them on my own setup.
Old 22nd June 2016
Gear Maniac

Audient ID14 for the converters, but the drivers on my Mac are not that great.
Old 22nd June 2016
Gear Maniac

[email protected] XTe
Old 25th June 2016
Lives for gear

Id14!!!
Super stable (so far) on my Mac, great sound!!
Old 25th June 2016
Lives for gear
ID14
Old 30th June 2016
Here for the gear

id14 by an absolute mile
Old 1st July 2016
Lives for gear
iD14. This interface is the bang-for-buck king, hands down. Proud iD22 owner, and now considering an iD14 as a travel unit sooner than later.
Old 1st July 2016
Gear Addict

Behringer UMC204HD, $80, I **** you not.

My main IF is an RME UFX and I needed something small and super portable for another machine.

The UMC204 drivers are working great on i7 win7 build. Really low latency for tracking. I haven't AB with the UFX, but was getting sub 5ms reported rtl without any drama.

The midas preamps are decent and there are channel inserts on each, so you SHOULD be able to bypass the pres with the right cable although I haven't tried it yet. Pres have phantom power and a pad.

It has 110db dynamic range, and after using it for a week, I don't doubt it. Very clear and punchy. It has a super quiet headphone amp.

Edit: I forgot to add that the thing is bus powered so there is no power supply. If it is plugged into a usb port that provides power while computer is off, or usb charger, it still works as a mini mixer. I can use it for mic pres and monitoring even if I'm not recording.

There is a simple "mix" knob on the front panel which is a clever design and eliminates the need for a mixer app. I enjoy using it for simple tracking because I never have to bring up a console app.

AND.. it supports multi client audio, it seems that multiple apps can share the output. Some interfaces will hog an interfaces outputs, this one can share between apps.
Old 3rd July 2016
Gear Addict

If anyone is wondering, to bypass the preamps on the UMC204hd, you either need to use a balanced cable in the insert, or you can use an unbalanced cable, but only insert it to the first position.

I can't believe how right Behringer got the design of this box. Any other $80 interfaces with 110db dynamic range, multi-client audio, solid drivers, and lets you bypass the preamps?
Old 4th July 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldDragon View Post
If anyone is wondering, to bypass the preamps on the UMC204hd, you either need to use a balanced cable in the insert, or you can use an unbalanced cable, but only insert it to the first position.

I can't believe how right Behringer got the design of this box. Any other $80 interfaces with 110db dynamic range, multi-client audio, solid drivers, and lets you bypass the preamps?
That is brilliant,however are there 2 different models as some stores here are either giving wrong information or?,as I was sure it was 24bit 192KHz?

But this store wants WAY more than $80 and says it's 24 bit "96KHz"

https://www.storedj.com.au/products/BEH-UMC204

Behringer Website says 192KHz http://www.music-group.com/Categorie...C202HD/p/P0BJZ

Where as the 4xXLR is 96KHz from same source:https://www.music-group.com/Categori...UMC404/p/P0AZN

Though just like our local Rippers[?] I made the mistake of stating it was the manufacturers website,when it's actually a place called "music group .com"

Ps. @ GoldDragon how are the RTL figures ?,and does it handle 32 bit operation like my N.I. KA 6 does?
Thank You
Sincerely
Robert S.

Last edited by rksguit; 4th July 2016 at 09:56 AM..
Old 4th July 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rksguit View Post
Though just like our local Rippers[?] I made the mistake of stating it was the manufacturers website,when it's actually a place called "music group .com"
Thank You
Sincerely
Robert S.
Unless I'm mistaken Music Group is the parent company of Behringer/Midas etc.

R.
Old 4th July 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Betsey View Post
Unless I'm mistaken Music Group is the parent company of Behringer/Midas etc.

R.
Well,thanks ,no harm done,unlike saying the 204 is 96KHz,whilst trying to sell it to us Aussie-"yeah I don't mind paying double",as that's exactly what the local store is actually doing.
Old 4th July 2016
Gear Addict

There is a non-"HD" model that only goes to 96K from last year. I dont think either goes above 24 bit.

The problem you are having getting them is that they are back ordered. A local store happened to have them which is the only reason I was able to get one. All the major resellers were already sold out or their inventory was already allocated to back orders.

Hopefully your local resellers will not price gouge when they get them in stock.
Old 4th July 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldDragon View Post
There is a non-"HD" model that only goes to 96K from last year. I dont think either goes above 24 bit.

The problem you are having getting them is that they are back ordered. A local store happened to have them which is the only reason I was able to get one. All the major resellers were already sold out or their inventory was already allocated to back orders.

Hopefully your local resellers will not price gouge when they get them in stock.
Ah Ha,Thanks heaps for pointing that out,as the first link in my post #42 IS Doing Exactly as you say-Non"HD"model-though the seller is NOT pointing out that this 96KHz model also has a newer[sold out and backordered nearly every where globally] 192KHz ceiling "HD"model,THIS one is NOT it!:So THIS deal here,is for the NON HD unit for $195 AUD=$146:85 USD plus $13.50 AUD for local shipping,which is almost double!,your $80,though for the non HD model! amusing.

Thank You for the clarification of there being two possibly very different models of this same interface,it's going to be interesting how much more they'll sell the 192KHz model once it's available here! It sure as heck won't be $80 regardless of denomination!

Well here it is,just a tad more than $80 USDhttps://www.storedj.com.au/products/BEH-UMC204HD actually it's $172.222 USD,$229 AUD...I love being ripped off...however it's NOT all doom and gloom down here,I just stumbled across this!:http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/like/3019...pid=107&chn=ps

Chemical Misinformation is appalling on a Global scale,but I'll try to refrain from attempting to educate on a Pro Audio forum in future.

Last edited by rksguit; 7th July 2016 at 01:51 PM.. Reason: surprised after all!
Old 4th July 2016
Gear Nut
another vote for id14 here... Audient are the shiz...
Old 10th July 2016
Gear Addict

Audient iD14.
Old 15th July 2016
Last 24 hours to nominate!
Old 15th July 2016
Here for the gear
Another one for the Audient ID14
Old 16th July 2016
Thanks everyone for the contributions!
Topic:
Search this Thread