The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Dorico Steinberg’s new scoring software
Old 6th August 2016
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillermo N View Post
Hello ... Dorico provides a strong foundation for Steinberg to continue to deliver new features and improvements quickly following the initial release.
Did anyone else have to buy a new keyboard after reading those words?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillermo N View Post
...Yes, and even more! Dorico will also give you BSOD, crash randomly in the middle of a project and making you lose all your progress obviously, open random websites on your internet browser and many more goodies

Best regards,
GN
Ah, perhaps the haters should take back what they have said in previous posts - that Guillermo the Steinberg/Cubase marketing rep never posts anything to be believed. Shame on you ... you all should send him an apology!
Old 7th August 2016
Lives for gear

Looks there's a kind of "piano-roll" view/editor !!
Old 12th October 2016 | Show parent
Lives for gear

One week to go
Old 19th October 2016
Lives for gear

Hello all,

FYI, and it is now available, all information can be found under: http://www.steinberg.net/en/products/dorico/start.html

Best regards,
GN
Old 19th October 2016
Gear Guru

Guillermo,

just a friendly note regarding the video on this page; I found your editing incredibly distracting and had a problem focusing on what the person was actually saying. The constant cuts and changes in focus, from background to foreground etc, just made me not listen to him.

I highly recommend that you consider keeping the same content but use a more "static" visual instead.
Old 20th October 2016 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Hello,

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattiasnyc View Post
Guillermo,

just a friendly note regarding the video on this page; I found your editing incredibly distracting and had a problem focusing on what the person was actually saying. The constant cuts and changes in focus, from background to foreground etc, just made me not listen to him.

I highly recommend that you consider keeping the same content but use a more "static" visual instead.
Yes, you are absolutely right, we should consider this for the future videos. Unfortunately our usual filming crew was not available at the time. Definitely not using the same editor for the next time.

Best regards,
GN
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattiasnyc View Post
Guillermo,

It isn't so much that the perspective keeps changing. If done well that can add dynamism to a clip. The problem is that the perspective changes make absolutely no sense. They change half way through sentences. They don't accentuate the important things that need to be highlighted. There are no screen shots of the actual stuff being mentioned. Etc etc.

The editing doesn't support the story line which is the most important role of editing. In this case it only distracts. (As you already wrote).

Alistair
Gear Maniac

+++ IMPORTANT INFORMATION +++

We can use NI´s Kontakt VST2 in Dorico!!!

You can whitelist any VST2s that you want. Kontak is whitelisted by default.

you have to add in this file (vst2whitelist.txt) the name of the VST2 plugins you want to use in Dorico.
For example if you want to use "Model-E.dll", add this to the vst2whitelist.txt:

Kontakt 5
5653544E694F356B6F6E74616B742035
Model-E
Here_theName_of_the_plugin_you_want

It runs !!!

📝 Reply