The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
PDC problem with Lex Native in Cubase 8.0? Reverb & Delay Plugins
Old 5th May 2016
Lives for gear

PDC problem with Lex Native in Cubase 8.0?

Edited to add: This was in Windows 8.1

1. I start a Cubase 8.0 project and add an Instrument Track (I'm testing with Pianoteq).

2. I add an FX Track and activate a send from the Instrument Track to the FX Track.

3. I phase invert the FX Track to test that everything is synchronized, and it nulls with the Instrument Track, so everything is synchronized so far.

4. I add Lex Hall (VST2) as an insert on the FX Track, and then I Bypass Lex Hall.

5. Now things are not synchronized. The two tracks aren't nulling anymore. Shouldn't they be nulling? (When I repeat the experiment using Phoenix Verb (VST2) in place of Lex Hall, synchronization is all fine. When I repeat the experiment using Lex Hall and Reaper instead of Cubase 8.0, synchronization is fine.)

6. Next I deactivate Lex Hall, and synchronization works fine again.

Why should a bypassed plugin throw off the synchronization?

Edited to add: It makes no difference whether I have ASIO Guard activated (set to Normal Level). I've tested with ASIO Guard on and also with it off.
Old 5th May 2016
Lives for gear

Try toggling Constrain Delay Compensation in Cubase, trying it both ways.
Old 5th May 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashedmitten View Post
Try toggling Constrain Delay Compensation in Cubase, trying it both ways.
Turning on Constrain temporarily fixes the synchronization, but Constrain needs to be off while doing Export Audio Mixdown (and while mixing).

This seems like a bug. Export Audio Mixdown renders different audio depending on whether Lex Hall is bypassed or deactivated.
Old 6th May 2016
Lives for gear

Interesting, I'm going to test this in Cubase 5 as I notice by the time I get to the final mix of a project the timing often doesn't feel as solid as the unmixed version. Maybe this is the reason.
Old 4th December 2016
Lives for gear

That was Lex PCM v1.3.7. Apparently it's been fixed in v1.3.8:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeDanny View Post
Release History
1.3.8– Bug Fixes and changes... Fixed phase issue when plug-in is bypassed in an aux send....

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search