The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Guitar Rig 2, Whos got it and how can U record?
Old 7th February 2007
Here for the gear

Guitar Rig 2, Whos got it and how can U record?

Thinking of getting Guitar Rig 2. Is it all its cracked up 2 b? How do U rec. off of it. it goes over USB to cmp. but can that go direct into Cubase or rec. software? or must it go back out to interface input?
Thanks. Michel
Old 7th February 2007
Lives for gear

GuitarRig2 is a plugin. You can insert it on your input in Cubase and then setup a track that will record using that input. The clean signal of your bass/guitar goes through the input, get modified by Guitarig2 and the modifed signal will be recorded. You can also put it on the channel and record the clean signal, that way, you can always go back and tweak Guitarig2. See Guitarig like a simple plugin that can give you different guitar/bass sound, an Amp simulator...
Old 7th February 2007
Lives for gear

To the Original Poster :

I can't comment on the quality of the D.I. in the foot controller. I have never used the ?Naitive Insturments 'RigKontrol' Foot Controller that comes with GuitarRig2. I have however used GuitarRig2 extensively. The Plugin Sounds pretty great, but to be honest I have recently switched back to real amps, because frankly they almost always sound better to me. [Read, Plugin Amp Sims generally don't cut it for me... YMMV]

However, only a food would completely dismiss this great processing power.

Quite a few bands are using GuitarRig2 Live (Generally Clean Sounds only) at concerts.
Also, Creative Engineers are embrassing the possibilities by utilizing Hybrid Setups. Into the computer VIA highquality DI / Conversion -> Top Notch Processing with something like Massey THC Distortion for example or Waves GTR, and then outputting without cabinet simulation eventually output to a real guitar amp.

Sweet Digital Preampness, kickarse real guitar cab's.

I just recently tracked some sweet tones at another personal studio for a colleague by using a suprising combination.

Digi002R -> GuitarRig2 w/ Metalzone only as the patch -> Output reduced to Insturment / Not too Hot Line-Level (Adjusted for tone) -> Peavey Bandit 112 w/ a SM-57 and Grace101 preamp.

Anyways I rambled pretty bad here... just saying Guitar rig 2 sucks as a standalone solution for "fat guitar tone", but if you use it creatively, it gets pretty powerful.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search