The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Trakker stealling myy siggnal
Old 7th February 2007
Gear Addict

Trakker stealling myy siggnal

Sonar 6 recently came out with some handy latency adjustments that makes it much less of a headache to patch in outboard gear. So, I did some loopback tests, determined my latency for a round trip, and started connecting my Trakker to my patchbay. When I do a loopback (routing an output directly to an input) I get little to no difference in volume. When I ran through the trakker, my signal is down about 18 dB!!!!! That's with the Trakker in bypass mode. I disconnected the patchbay naturally, but just going RME FF800 out -> Trakker -> AD 16X in, yielded about 18 dB's worth of difference. What gives? I wouldn't think that in bypass mode you would experience that kind of loss. I'm new at patching outboard into a DAW system, so I very well may have configured something wrong, but it's pretty damn simple. What could be the culprit?
Old 7th February 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSVice View Post
. When I ran through the trakker, my signal is down about 18 dB!!!!! That's with the Trakker in bypass mode.
This may sound stupid, but I think on the Trakker when the bypass button is 'In' it is NOT bypassed. When the bypass button is 'Out' it is hardwire bypassed. A little confusing....

Also if you go from balanced to unbalanced you can lose db's....especially if from +4 to -10, which is the only way I could image (other than severe compression) that the trakker is -18db down...
Old 7th February 2007
Gear Addict

You pretty much have to ignore the word "BYPASS" below the toggle switch, and just look at the two positions. It's either "in" the circuit or "out," with the word "out" meaning that it's bypassed. I think I've figured out my problem thanks to some troubleshooting. The main culprit was that I had to go through and calibrate all the inputs on my Apogee using a 1 kHz sine wave hooked to the inputs. A little time consuming, but worth it.

PS: I don't think "music computers" was the correct forum to move this to, since it's not directly computer related.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search