The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Question to Kontakt 2 users
Old 7th February 2007
Gear Nut

Question Question to Kontakt 2 users

hi guys,

just got kontakt 2 a few days ago, installed it without any problems as a VST plugin for Cubase SX2. i was just wondering if its possible to enlarge the font size... I followed the steps in the owners manual: went to "options" - "interface", i change the font size to "large", then i close and reopen Kontakt, i dont notice any difference in font size (still as small - and when I go back to check the windows options, i see the font size set to "med" as if by default or something) Is that normal? Are there any other people with the same problem or am I doing something wrong here?

thanx,

greg

ps: my understanding was that with larger font size the size of the print in the menus, etc, would increase... no?
Old 7th February 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by grexter View Post
hi guys,

just got kontakt 2 a few days ago, installed it without any problems as a VST plugin for Cubase SX2. i was just wondering if its possible to enlarge the font size... I followed the steps in the owners manual: went to "options" - "interface", i change the font size to "large", then i close and reopen Kontakt, i dont notice any difference in font size (still as small - and when I go back to check the windows options, i see the font size set to "med" as if by default or something) Is that normal? Are there any other people with the same problem or am I doing something wrong here?

thanx,

greg

ps: my understanding was that with larger font size the size of the print in the menus, etc, would increase... no?

thats my issue with most native instrument software. damn font and knobs are too small!!!!

germans must have good eyes!

they came out wih MASSIVE which its knobs and broser is soo much better, hope they do that with kontakt 3 and reaktor 6
Old 7th February 2007
Lives for gear

i just took screenshots of both font sizes. you'll notice that the change is only in the menu.

make sure you close the actual App (Cubase) instead of just close/reopen the VST instance.
Attached Thumbnails
Question to Kontakt 2 users-picture-1.jpg   Question to Kontakt 2 users-picture-2.jpg  
Old 7th February 2007
Gear Nut

i tried that (closing and reopening Cubase) for some reason it just doesnt work. I guess I'm just gonna have to get used to it but still.... I find the font size ridiculously small in Kontakt

thanx for answering my Q
Old 7th February 2007
Lives for gear

Well, just about everything is too small for me nowadays. We keep getting bigger and bigger monitors, but everything on them keeps getting smaller and smaller. One day I can see us all with with our faces right up on a 50" panel, just so we can read it.

Anyway, in K2, you can go to the "view" menu and increase the size of the entire plug a time or two. But if you go too big, it's the entire screen.
Old 7th February 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by grexter View Post
i tried that (closing and reopening Cubase) for some reason it just doesnt work. I guess I'm just gonna have to get used to it but still.... I find the font size ridiculously small in Kontakt

thanx for answering my Q
are your fonts in the menu the same as the smaller one i posted above? perhaps you can also try deleting Kontakt preferences, could be a corrupt there.

Killahurts, if you're on Mac, i think there's a function in OSX where if you hold down CTRL key, and use the scroll wheel of the mouse, you can zoom in/out to see things closer and easier.

or hit Apple + Shift + Plus (+) here on Gearslutz to make the text larger.
Old 8th February 2007
Lives for gear

Actually it's "command" + or - on my Mac.

But wow you're right, I hadn't even thought about that. I'll try it the next time I have Kontakt running. Thanks

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search