The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Waves Please give 2 authorizations Plugin Bundles
Old 23rd June 2018
Gear Head

+10000000000000
Old 23rd June 2018
Lives for gear

i am ready for this as well !!!
Old 23rd June 2018
Here for the gear

2 auths please... maybe I would wup... or then again, maybe not... I've spent a fortune as it is...
Old 27th June 2018
Lives for gear

Here is an interesting hypothetical question... Say if Waves offered a second license with your plugin for an additional small fee, like $5-10, or say 5% of a bundle price, would any of you guys do it??

Being a one system person, I’m not so sure I would, but I’m curious to see what everyone else would do.
Old 6th October 2018
Gear Nut
Almost bought Diamond today, but this thread was a reality check. No excuse for single licenses in 2018 period. Haven't bought or upgraded from developers who don't for a few years now and plan on keeping it that way...
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear
More than just 2 authorizations, fix that STUPID-ASS Waves Central. Its so counter intuitive that you practically have to bust out an OWNERS MANUAL every time you even do an update! WTF.... ONE computer AND pain-in-the-dick interface!?! Who but a beginner wouldnt sign right up!!
Look, I researched the things when I was looking for an electric piano, found that I liked the sound of the E88, got the Rhapsody, & then.... got a 2nd comp for another room...
That whole ENTIRE thing, from difficulty of use, to only ONE machine has me looking for something else.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Randolph View Post
I've been doing it for 20+ years
But that's part of the point. Hardware dongles may have made sense 20 years ago - I remember a large dongle with a serial port on my first Atari - but there are many more user friendly authorisation methods available today.

Any form of inconveniencing paying customers with authorisations should be completely out of the question - and a deal breaker - in this day and age.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

+1 for two auths. It’s time now Waves.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

AKAI has done it already..It’s super convenient!One for my MacBook and the other for the desktop PC..
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riff1234 View Post
More than just 2 authorizations, fix that STUPID-ASS Waves Central. Its so counter intuitive that you practically have to bust out an OWNERS MANUAL every time you even do an update! WTF.... ONE computer AND pain-in-the-dick interface!?! Who but a beginner wouldnt sign right up!!
Look, I researched the things when I was looking for an electric piano, found that I liked the sound of the E88, got the Rhapsody, & then.... got a 2nd comp for another room...
That whole ENTIRE thing, from difficulty of use, to only ONE machine has me looking for something else.
You can get them, but it’s not by default. You have to pay extra for them. If it’s something small like $10 it might be worth it and would make all our arguments practically null.

However, I get the suspicion it’s not the case. It would be interesting to find out how much extra licenses were.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

10 bucks !!! that 33% of the cost of a Waves plugin !! just being funny .. but true !!!
Old 6 days ago
Here for the gear
There is no special provision that I saw for a second license. You just get to buy another.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search