The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
HP Dv8000 + rme fireface 800???
Old 6th February 2007
Gear Nut

HP Dv8000 + rme fireface 800???

Has anyone got this combo?? Does the fireface 800 work alright with the built in firewire port?? I read a lot of negative reports about using the built in firewire ports and was wondering how the dv8000 is. Im looking to buy this laptop and would like to know anyone's experience with using it as a DAW.
Old 7th February 2007
Gear Nut

nobody have any experince with this laptop as a daw??
Old 7th February 2007
Lives for gear

It should be fine. I find that most computers with built in FW do a crappy job. Worst case get a Lacie FW800 PCMCIA card. I use mine with a 4 yr old Toshiba 17 inch 3 Ghz P4 and it is sweet. The card gives me (2) FW800 ports and (1) FW400 port all for ~$70.
Old 14th February 2007
Gear Nut

please, if someone has a hp dv8000t and is using it with a rme fireface or presonus firestudio let me know if everything is working well. Im looking to but this laptop soon but want to make absolute sure that it will work with a firewire interface. Ive even seen problems with firewire cards on laptops, so just want to make sure.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search