The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Digi002 Latency Measurments
Old 6th February 2007
Lives for gear

Digi002 Latency Measurments

I was doing the measurements myself, until I took a look on google, and low and behold some fine sir already beat me to the punch.

Here are the exact latency times for a ProTools LE rig running a Digi002(+Rack)

http://www.elvenminstrel.com/recordi...tencychart.htm
http://www.elvenminstrel.com/recordi...002latency.htm

Not that interesting I know, but I know some of you out there would like this information. Much credit to the original author, I should hope he doesn't mind me linking this here.

Old 6th February 2007
Gear Nut

This is awesome!! Thank you very much!!

Now I need to find this info for Digimax LT and Cranesong Spider.....
Old 6th February 2007
Lives for gear

Maybe : who knows.

Call me crazy, and me saying this will probably derail the thread into a pit of doom, but in a round about way : I actually am slightly against auto delay compensation. Reason being, I would rather just do it myself, and be sure it is perfect. I like to know how my "web" (mix) is built, and doing the compensation myself is easy. I am a wierdo though, and I love engineering. I am sure many of the ADC algorithm's out there are nothing short of perfect, and I am just obsessing. Still though, I kind of like the fact I know exactly where delay is being applied in-order to achieve time alignment.

Downside, and this is the big reason ADC should be a standard though, is like many have suggested - not having ADC is a creative hinder. You can work more creatively if you don't have to get all engineerski on the little details.

Anyways, thanks alot again to the original author of the website posted at the top of the thread. I was going to do all that work myself, and actually had half of it done already, but this guy did a great job indeed.

P.S. Check out the rest of his well done website.

P.P.S. Don't flame me about ADC or launch a discussion about ADC. Frankly if you want to debate it please be kind and start another thread, or tack on to an existing one.

Thanks again
Old 6th February 2007
Lives for gear

I don't see where it says what version of Pro Tools he used to test this.

I know I read on the DUC that PT 7.3 supposedly has double the latency (at any setting) as it used to have. Not sure if that is 100% accurate but it perked my ears up a bit.

In other words if you set the playback buffer to 64 it will be the equivalent latency of when an older version of PT was set to 128.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search