The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Slate FG-X 2? Dynamics Plugins
Old 9th April 2016
Gear Head

Slate FG-X 2?

Have been at Musikmesse Frankfurt, got a minute of the VMR demo, took another look at Raven, met Steven but definately forgot to ask:

What is going on with FG-X 2?

It's announced for quite a while now - can we expect it to come to life? I'm really curious!
Old 9th April 2016
Gear Maniac

Man, I've been waiting for FG-X 2 for almost two years now. I mostly bought FG-X in the first place because Slate made it sound as if an update to version 2 was close.

FG-X is a great limiter, but it's such a CPU hog that I find it hardly usable. I just need the CPU capacity for other plugins. My hope has always been that FG-X 2 will address this problem and be much more CPU-efficient, but I'm not sure whether that's ever going to happen :D

In the meantime I've gotten tired of waiting unfortunately and completely switched to DMG Limitless, it sounds amazing and eats up less CPU capacity.

That being said, I'm still looking forward to version 2, whenever it may come
Old 12th April 2016
Lives for gear

I'M waiting too for FG-X 2,
hey Steven, why the silence about this upgrade you've promised?
FG-X 1 was my favourite limiter and I don't mind if it is a cpu hog as I master music in Wavelab 9.
The problem is that FG-X 1 is totally unusable in all the last versions of Wavelab cause of serious graphic gui issues.
So I bought recently IK's Stealth Limiter which is an incredible tool.
However... I'm curious about the FG-X 2... Will you do the miracle?
Old 12th April 2016
Slate Pro Audio / Slate Digital

Hi guys! I've been the opposite of silent, probably written twenty posts and tweets about it in the last month! I'm in our French office right now working on it with Fabrice. As I've said, we have massive goals with this plugin.. it has to be the best at what it does by far.. better than all recent limiter arrivals from competitors. We have brand new techniques we are using that no one has used before, plus really cool new features.. and it is taking some time... but perfection takes time

So stay tuned, our goal is a release at the end of Q2.

Cheers,
Steven
Old 12th April 2016
Lives for gear

Nice Steven, thanks for replying, Im waiting!
Old 12th April 2016
Lives for gear

If one is shooting for levels of -12 to -11, I can't imagine anything working more transparently than FG-X already. You've got me curious...

I could see where it might be possible to be more transparent at something like -10 to -8, which I have no desire for anyways, but perhaps that is because of artifacts that I currently hear. Keep fighting the good fight and we'll check it out in a bit. And enjoy France while you're at it, you lucky sob...
Old 12th April 2016
RTR
Lives for gear

what is it that everyone is waiting for in FG-x 2? is there more it can do? Its a great limiter, what else is it supposed to do? What is new about it? I have not been following it because it does what it does good already,
Old 12th April 2016
TNM
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfurry View Post
If one is shooting for levels of -12 to -11, I can't imagine anything working more transparently than FG-X already. You've got me curious...

I could see where it might be possible to be more transparent at something like -10 to -8, which I have no desire for anyways, but perhaps that is because of artifacts that I currently hear. Keep fighting the good fight and we'll check it out in a bit. And enjoy France while you're at it, you lucky sob...

ozone 7 iirc4 mode and dmg limitless thrash fgx imho
Old 12th April 2016
Lives for gear

Im guessing there have been several "done" versions, then another limiter comes out on the marked and they need to make sure FGX is still better.

Cause it's been "right around the corner" for years.

Just guessing though. Im also looking forward for FGX2 to have intersample peak limiting too as announced.

Hoping it comes as a VMR module. I even hope VTM and VBC comes as VMR modules at some point. Really like that stuff

Btw, Slate.. A VMR De-esser, gate (from trigger?) and transient module would be more welcome then more even EQ/Compressor flavours in "my" opinion
Old 13th April 2016
TNM
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcom View Post
Im guessing there have been several "done" versions, then another limiter comes out on the marked and they need to make sure FGX is still better.

Cause it's been "right around the corner" for years.

Just guessing though. Im also looking forward for FGX2 to have intersample peak limiting too as announced.

Hoping it comes as a VMR module. I even hope VTM and VBC comes as VMR modules at some point. Really like that stuff

Btw, Slate.. A VMR De-esser, gate (from trigger?) and transient module would be more welcome then more even EQ/Compressor flavours in "my" opinion

but really how much better can de essers even get anymore? Heck i can even use 15 year old waves ren de ess and get perfectly acceptable results.

Although afaik fabrice IS working on a new eiosis de esser. it won't be VMR though unless he decides to change that.
Old 13th April 2016
Lives for gear

Waiting for Godo
Old 13th April 2016
TNM
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by numero6 View Post
Waiting for Godo
what's that mate?
Old 13th April 2016
Lives for gear

Still FREE for version one users I assume
Old 13th April 2016
Lives for gear

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by numero6 View Post
Waiting for Godo
I think you meant Waiting for Godot-

And yes, you're right on
Old 24th April 2017
Gear Nut

so, another year since the last post about this. Where is it?
Old 25th April 2017
Lives for gear

I like the videos I have seen of the original but I would need 64 bit and I have no interest in subscription models.
Old 25th April 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by skythemusic View Post
I like the videos I have seen of the original but I would need 64 bit and I have no interest in subscription models.
So half good news- they updated v1 to 64 bit a while back, but no v2 yet.
Old 25th April 2017
Gear Maniac

He said it would be out by Q2. He just didn't mention the year. Clever...
Old 25th April 2017
Lives for gear

If they can keep the power of the transient manipulation and reduce artifacts- that would be something! In a Q2, someyear....
Old 25th April 2017
Gear Guru
Waiting, hoping.....
Old 25th April 2017
Lives for gear

Can you use the old one as a standalone plugin or do you have to do the rack thing plus a subscription model? I can deal with ilok I just have no need for any of their other plugs.
Old 25th April 2017
Gear Guru
It's a stand alone as I have it
Old 3rd June 2017
Gear Maniac

Just found this thread...
FG-X 2 has been announced for such a long time and I wonder if there has been a recent Slate Digital statement on the incredible delay?

Many thanks for any links...
regards
Old 3rd June 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearsuser View Post
Just found this thread...
FG-X 2 has been announced for such a long time and I wonder if there has been a recent Slate Digital statement on the incredible delay?

Many thanks for any links...
regards
Answers by Fabrice and Steven in this moan zone thread..

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/moan...o-fgx-fix.html
Old 3rd June 2017
Lives for gear

Paid for this plug yeeearrrs ago on first release. Never use it anymore...

PRO-L runs circles around it. And it actually saves settings in session!

How many NEW products have been cashed in on since then? If the consumer can't see what's going on with this then shame on you.

Old 3rd June 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardis View Post
Waiting, hoping.....
Better (S)late the never...
Old 4th June 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Tan View Post
Better (S)late the never...
..even .late
Old 4th June 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgee View Post
Answers by Fabrice and Steven in this moan zone thread..

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/moan...o-fgx-fix.html
"Our target is 2016 Q2. It will be a completely free update."

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/11745492-post14.html

Old 5th June 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BM Grabber View Post
"Our target is 2016 Q2. It will be a completely free update."

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/11745492-post14.html

I think it's a typo... the right is 2061 Q2
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search