The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
I'M picking up radio through my monitors.
Old 5th February 2007
I'M picking up radio through my monitors.

I just bought an Imac and I am now picking up a radio station over my monitors! they are ASP8s, but I think the problem would be the computer right, cause this didn't happen with my powerbook. I am also picking up a rather annoying hum through my MBOX when I record. I am not sure what I can do about this grounding issue, any suggestions would help! Also I have a furman pl-plus power conditioner that doesnt fix the problem.

thanks and bless
Old 5th February 2007
Lives for gear

i had a pair of tr8xls and i had to get the amps in them replaced for the same problem. it was done free (shipping included) and the service was good but it was still kind of a pain in the ass
Old 5th February 2007
Lives for gear

95.1 the Buzz through my TR8s. I hate those things.
Old 5th February 2007
Lives for gear

An old friend who lives near the then Johannesburg International Airport (OR Tambo International Airport) would pick up the air traffic transmitions on his Genelecs. But he thought it was more likely his Yammy 03R that was attenuating the signal. Strangely this would only happen on Sundays.
Old 5th February 2007
oh well I guess I will live with it and just play music!
Old 6th February 2007
Lives for gear

i would recommend giving event a call and checking up on them. i don't think you're going to get proper use out of your speakers if you're picking up radio frequencies =P

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search