The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
ProTools Offbeat Recording [Focusrite 18i8]
Old 1st April 2016
Here for the gear

ProTools Offbeat Recording [Focusrite 18i8]

I have my ASIO Buffer Size in the MixControl set the lowest as 1ms. In Protools I have the H/W Buffer Size set the lowest as 64 samples. I know there has to be some math involved. I've toyed around with different settings and everything I record is always a tad bit ahead of the music. I am monitoring from the DAW while recording but when it's added it is off beat.

It seems like no matter what since Scarlett's buffersize is milliseconds and ProTools is Samples it seems it will never be able to be the same. This is roughly the distance I have to move it forward to get it on beat. The grid is where it default is.

http://i.imgur.com/xUjfbjf.png

I set it to record a simple click track and found moving the buffer size on each I was able to get it later than the beat but no matter what I set the MixBuffer or ProTools Buffer Size I was never able to get the clicks right on top of each other.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search