The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Ensemble Thunderbolt vs Symphony mkii? Audio Interfaces
Old 30th March 2016
Ensemble Thunderbolt vs Symphony mkii?

I currently own the Ensemble-TB. Is there a big difference in quality (something that i will notice) between the Ensemble Thunderbolt & the Symphony mkii?

Thanks,
Sro

Old 30th March 2016
They are in another class of conversion. There is a reason for the price jump and weather the difference is enough to justify the cost is a personal decision. I recently made the leap to a symphony and after using it I don't think I'd ever want to go back.
Old 31st March 2016
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicianof1 View Post
They are in another class of conversion. There is a reason for the price jump and weather the difference is enough to justify the cost is a personal decision. I recently made the leap to a symphony and after using it I don't think I'd ever want to go back.
Hi,
i see you're sellin an Apollo 8, is there a big difference too between the Apollo and Symphony ? I don't know what to choose between a symphony MK2 2X6 and a Apollo 8...
Old 31st March 2016
It's a noticeable difference but it's not like the Apollo is garbage. It's a nice sounding unit. I just happened to be in a position to acquire a symphony and so now the Apollo has to go to help offset that cost. The difference is subtle to some and big to others. I like how natural things sound going through it and I'd say it adds a bit of depth and dimension.
Old 7th June 2018
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicianof1 View Post
It's a noticeable difference but it's not like the Apollo is garbage. It's a nice sounding unit. I just happened to be in a position to acquire a symphony and so now the Apollo has to go to help offset that cost. The difference is subtle to some and big to others. I like how natural things sound going through it and I'd say it adds a bit of depth and dimension.
I’m curious, how is your conviction holding up after 2 years? Is this the symphony mkii? I have an Apollo twin silver and would like to upgrade my conversion. If I get the Apollo 8 or even 16, my twin remains relevant but at the same time I’m willing to do whatever it takes to have the best conversion. This is based on how much better the symphony’s conversion really is.
In your opinion, how much better is the A/D and D/A on symphony?

Last edited by musicminister187; 16th June 2018 at 02:21 PM..
Old 8th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicminister187 View Post
I’m curious, how is your conviction holding up after 2 years? Is this the symphony mkii? I have an Apollo twin silver and would like to upgrade my conversion. If I get the Apollo 8 or even 16, my twin remains relevant but at the same time I’m willing to do whatever it takes to have the best conversion. This is based on how much better the symphony’s conversion really is.

S in your opinion, how much better is the A/D and D/A on symphony?
Big difference... Even the MK1 is a big jump in conversion quality.
Old 8th June 2018
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyandres View Post
Big difference... Even the MK1 is a big jump in conversion quality.
Wow, interesting. I was leaning towards the Apollo 8 or Ensemble TB because of the outputs for Live gigs but as I said I would rather have better conversion quality for studio. Thanks.
Old 8th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Wow, interesting. I was leaning towards the Apollo 8 or Ensemble TB because of the outputs for Live gigs but as I said I would rather have better conversion quality for studio. Thanks.
Also keep in mind this bigness in difference is relative to the difference in other converters.... you can still make a hit with an apollo... id even give symphony and edge over the black apollo, which i did have for a few days when i j7st stayed with my symphony mk1
Old 10th June 2018
Quote:

S in your opinion, how much better is the A/D and D/A on symphony?
After 2 years I am spoiled by the Symphony mkI and the difference in my work done on the Apollo (I had a black and silver version)vs the Symphony is more obvious to me now. Really happy with the upgrade. Everything just seems bigger, smoother, richer.....
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search