The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Hum issues with RME Multiface I/II?
Old 4th February 2007
Lives for gear

Hum issues with RME Multiface I/II?

I'm considering upgrading from my Mackie 1220 Onyx w/ firewire to a RME Multiface system w/ Cardbus adapter (based on some of the support I've seen of it here). I read on the TOMB that there are some possible hum/grounding issues when using the Multiface with a laptop (OP here:http://messageboard.tapeop.com/viewt...&highlight=rme)
Has that been the case for any Multiface users here? If so how have you dealt with it?
Also, I imagine it would work fine if I use a PCI to Cardbus II adapter in my desktop to connect the RME cardbus into so I could use this with my desktop as well (?)
Thanks in advance for any help!
Old 5th February 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickencoop View Post
I'm considering upgrading from my Mackie 1220 Onyx w/ firewire to a RME Multiface system w/ Cardbus adapter (based on some of the support I've seen of it here). I read on the TOMB that there are some possible hum/grounding issues when using the Multiface with a laptop (OP here:http://messageboard.tapeop.com/viewt...&highlight=rme)
Has that been the case for any Multiface users here? If so how have you dealt with it?
Also, I imagine it would work fine if I use a PCI to Cardbus II adapter in my desktop to connect the RME cardbus into so I could use this with my desktop as well (?)
Thanks in advance for any help!
Never had this issue... at the end of that link you posted it sounds like that guy just had a wanky cable... it's great when a $10 piece of wire can make a $900 setup useless.
Old 6th February 2007
Lives for gear

thanks o-n-b (awesome name)!
seriously thinking about making that change.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search