The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Any Stomp and Claps Samples?
Old 27th March 2016
Lives for gear

Any Stomp and Claps Samples?

Any Stomps and Claps Samples?

I think some month ago I read ion Gearslutz about a fellow that created a cool Librart of Stomps and Claps.

anybody remember where is that thread or have any good info about good Stomps and Claps Samples?
Old 27th March 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zak7 View Post

I think some month ago I read ion Gearslutz about a fellow that created a cool Librart of Stomps and Claps.

anybody remember where is that thread or have any good info about good Stomps and Claps Samples?

About 7-10 years ago, I got mine from Project Sam. Cool stuff and they were freebies then. Contact the company to ask if they still have them.
Old 27th March 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenoodle View Post
About 7-10 years ago, I got mine from Project Sam. Cool stuff and they were freebies then. Contact the company to ask if they still have them.
Thanks
Old 28th March 2016
Gear Head

Quote:

Try this chap:

loops de la crème

Old 28th March 2016
Gear Maniac

Quote:

search for THATSOUND, they have some cool libraries.
Their ORGANIC DRUMS has stomps and claps recorded in three different spaces.
Old 28th March 2016
Lives for gear

I was just looking at the Project Sam freebie from years ago and it has finger-snaps too. Forgot about that. The stomps, claps, fingersnaps are set up for small-close, med, or large environments. I believe their free roto-toms thing was either part of the same promo or something separate offered around the same time.

That Big Fish library is pretty expensive although it has latin perc stuff too. Seems to me a stomps/claps/finger-snapping collection should be imo, less than half the bf price.

When you think about it, it would take too long to make them yourself. A piece of plywood on the floor in a room, a mic... shoes.....

Surprised wavesfactory (the tea towel guys) haven't done this for $9.95
Old 28th March 2016
Lives for gear

I personally usually do it myself.... stomping on the floor or table and pitch shifting it/doubling it etc, processing it etc..., flaming them in midi or offsetting audio... seems to work fine...
Old 29th March 2016
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfger View Post
search for THATSOUND, they have some cool libraries.
Their ORGANIC DRUMS has stomps and claps recorded in three different spaces.
I like that one as well (Organic Drums by Thatsound). I tried the Big Fish Audio - Smack (at a friends studio) but it didn't sound as good to us in comparison. I brought over a track I was working on and tried replacing my stomp and clap tracks. He never used Smack again.

ThatSound is doing amazing work. The Darren King set is killer too and they are about to come out with a percussion pack that I can't wait to hear.
Old 29th March 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by beadbrain99 View Post
Try this chap:

loops de la crème

I second this. I have at least a dozen of their libraries and they're all great.
Old 1st April 2016
I can understand buying samples of instruments that I have no access to, or that would be very time consuming to multisample. But isn't clapping a bit on the simple side to not do yourself?
Old 1st April 2016
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmmmqac View Post
I can understand buying samples of instruments that I have no access to, or that would be very time consuming to multisample. But isn't clapping a bit on the simple side to not do yourself?
Thats what I thought as well until I sold my studio, moved into an apartment and had kids. Now I can't always record myself clapping and stomping. But its more than that - the different spaces used in the sample packs, the ease of throwing them in and all the other tid bits that are included are awesome. The cymbal swells and "smacks" opened up some new things I wouldn't have used otherwise.
Old 1st April 2016
^^^

Ahh yes. I see now.
Thanks
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search