The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
logic synth question
Old 4th February 2007
logic synth question

hi guys,

id like to be able to change my logic ES1/2 EXS24 sounds remotly using my MIDI foot controller. the footcontroller can be set to send just about any MIDI message but im guessing program change is goin to be the one.

idealy id like to press a button on the controller and have the correct module and sound loaded up.

currently i have all the sounds loaded onto different tracks and i have to click on each track to play the sounds which is not very good for live stuff. even if i could cut the number of tracks down to just the amount of synths/samplers used and then remote switch the sounds in each synth/sampler would be great

can anyone point me in the right direction?
Old 4th February 2007
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
hi guys,

id like to be able to change my logic ES1/2 EXS24 sounds remotly using my MIDI foot controller. the footcontroller can be set to send just about any MIDI message but im guessing program change is goin to be the one.

idealy id like to press a button on the controller and have the correct module and sound loaded up.

currently i have all the sounds loaded onto different tracks and i have to click on each track to play the sounds which is not very good for live stuff. even if i could cut the number of tracks down to just the amount of synths/samplers used and then remote switch the sounds in each synth/sampler would be great

can anyone point me in the right direction?
I'm not sure I understand...does your foot pedal send program change, or just CC data?

If you can send program changes from your foot pedal, have you tried using the "performance channel strips" in Logic? You can save full instrument channel strips (with inserts and everything) as "performances" and they will correspond to a program change #.....then you can simply step through your instruments live.

Hope that helps.
Old 5th February 2007
Lives for gear

2 Workarounds
1. if ure pedal sends midi is the midi learn funktion in logic.
2.Or u could use the keycommand panel/search for next plugin setting, klick learn by label and push ure pedal. voila.
Old 5th February 2007
thanks guys thats great stuff, yeah my controller sends program changes i'll get on it

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search