The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Sonarworks System-wide calibration (MAC + Win) Utility Plugins
Old 20th March 2016
Sonarworks System-wide calibration (MAC + Win)

Either for mixing purposes or just plain music listening, at some point you probably wished for a system-wide solution to listen to your music through our Reference 3 plug-in. While we’re still working on a system-wide solution ourselves, here’s a quick guide to a solution for Windows and MAC that works for free right now!

For this you will need to download two applications that serve the purpose of hosting our plug-in and then routing it to your system's sound output.

Win: https://sonarworks.zendesk.com/hc/en...ust-in-my-DAW-

MAC: https://sonarworks.zendesk.com/hc/en...ust-in-my-DAW-

Old 20th March 2016
Lives for gear

Hope they will come up with their own solution with this issue, cause the pedalboard is a little buggy
Old 20th March 2016
Lives for gear

winamp here with vst host support ....all go .... for listening music ......
Old 21st March 2016
Gear Nut

Yes the WinAmp plugin is good, though I replaced that with the DDMF Effect Rack as an all-purpose Windows solution. Now, the solution in this thread seems lighter weight and is (so far) working well here. I use this with Blue Cat's Patchwork (as I did with WinAmp and Effect Rack). Very nice.

Thanks!
Old 21st March 2016
Lives for gear

I'm using the PedalBoard solution under Windows 10 and it works perfectly for me.. Now, if I can only figure a way to have it work with my Droid when I can't sleep and I'm listening in bed to music...
lol!

Great program!
Old 21st March 2016
Absolutely outstanding - thanks for this. which is the easiest method I have seen so far.

In the past, I had used a combination of VB Audio Cable, routing the input through my DAW(Reaper) and out through VB Audio Density Demo, which worked but the overall processor load was, about 20 to 30% of my CPU.

I used this to analyse via VST plugins, the frequency of audio played back from standard audio applications like Spotify and Rdio. I do recall running the Sonarworks demo app for headphones, through this also IIRC.

Some further research on VB Audio site indicates that there are other applications like Voicemeeter and Voicemeeter Banana, and others, which should make this kind of intermediate processing, a lot easier, from standard windows applications. Looks like these should be a bit easier than the method I used.

I'm almost tempted to help out VB Audio to do some proper easy to understand documentation, as the site could do with some simplification. Great products but not well communicated.
Old 22nd March 2016
Here for the gear

FYI - if using this method with Mac, I found that I needed to create an aggregate device first with my interface (Apogee Ensemble TB) and Sound Siphon (which I use instead of Soundflower as I have found Soundflower to be unstable with the later versions of OS X), and making sure to select "drift correction" for Sound Siphon when creating the aggregate device. Using separate input and output devices in Pedalboard as suggested by Sonarworks resulted in bad intermittent clock errors with my system.
Old 28th December 2016
Gear Nut

Pedalboard is really unstable for me on Mac. Pretty much unusable unfortunately as it won't stay open without crashing/hanging for more than 5 minutes. The lack of a decent system-wide solution is the only thing stopping me from buying at the moment as it makes no sense to me unless I can reference everywhere with the software. If anyone has a stable alternate method it'd be really useful to hear it?
Old 28th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefyblue View Post
If anyone has a stable alternate method it'd be really useful to hear it?
I use Audio Hijack from Rogue Amoeba. Really simple to set up — I have it running in the background at all times and I rarely think about it. It does produce a little latency, so I turn it off while tracking.

There's a Pro Tools Expert article on how to set it up.
Old 28th December 2016
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkaitkai View Post
I use Audio Hijack from Rogue Amoeba. Really simple to set up — I have it running in the background at all times and I rarely think about it. It does produce a little latency, so I turn it off while tracking.

There's a Pro Tools Expert article on how to set it up.
Thanks very much for the suggestion tkaitkai, I've just downloaded the trial to give it a go. Hopefully that'll solve the issue! It's a shame I'm gonna have to pay a bit more to get it up and running but I'm sure Audio Hijack will come in handy for other things. It looks really useful..
Old 20th February 2017
Gear Addict

I heard that Sonarworks are releasing new Systemwide that provides calibration for your entire system.

But they are going to charge $100 to their existing customers???!!!
Old 20th February 2017
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonelark View Post
I heard that Sonarworks are releasing new Systemwide that provides calibration for your entire system.

But they are going to charge $100 to their existing customers???!!!
It's been released and it's $70 to existing customers if bought within the next 5 days. After that, $100 for everyone.
Old 20th February 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarfungo View Post
It's been released and it's $70 to existing customers if bought within the next 5 days. After that, $100 for everyone.
Got a link?
I can't find it and their website is maddening...
Old 20th February 2017
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by loopy View Post
Got a link?
I can't find it and their website is maddening...
Here you go....

What is Sonarworks Systemwide?

http://us9.campaign-archive2.com/?u=...a&e=4c1473edef
Old 21st February 2017
Gear Addict

Been using Sonarworks for almost a year - it's great. However, their mailing system is the worst - I still get discount codes for a product I already own and did NOT get an email informing about a new product, neither the discount for it
Old 21st February 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOLOSONIX View Post
Been using Sonarworks for almost a year - it's great. However, their mailing system is the worst - I still get discount codes for a product I already own and did NOT get an email informing about a new product, neither the discount for it
Agree..
BTW the link provided seems to be only for Mac as it's a *.pkg file.
Anyone have a link for the Windows version, if there is indeed one?
Old 21st February 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarfungo View Post
Had no notification bout that release ...
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search