The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
ableton not recognising focusrite saffire pro 24 midi
Old 14th March 2016
Here for the gear

ableton not recognising focusrite saffire pro 24 midi

Hi,

Have a bit of an issue that needs a fix..
I recently got a Roland JV-1080 and have hooked it up to my Focusrite's midi to use it with Ableton 9.. however I have been through every tutorial under the sun to get it working and for ableton to recognise the midi from my interface.

When I open an External Instrument on Ableton, and click 'Midi To', there's not option for the interface.. v frustrating, i really wanna use my new synth!

any help appreciated!
Old 14th March 2016
Here for the gear

here's a couple of ss
Attached Thumbnails
ableton not recognising focusrite saffire pro 24 midi-screen-shot-2016-03-14-13.54.55.jpg   ableton not recognising focusrite saffire pro 24 midi-screen-shot-2016-03-14-13.54.58.jpg  
Old 14th March 2016
Lives for gear

Is the Pro24's MIDI showing in Audio MIDI Setup? If it's not appearing in Live, it may be that the system hasn't recognised it.
Old 14th March 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamMcD View Post
Hi,

Have a bit of an issue that needs a fix..
I recently got a Roland JV-1080 and have hooked it up to my Focusrite's midi to use it with Ableton 9.. however I have been through every tutorial under the sun to get it working and for ableton to recognise the midi from my interface.

When I open an External Instrument on Ableton, and click 'Midi To', there's not option for the interface.. v frustrating, i really wanna use my new synth!

any help appreciated!
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Audio and MIDI drivers for your focusrite? it could just be a corruption issue.
Old 14th March 2016
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZangTumblyTumble View Post
Is the Pro24's MIDI showing in Audio MIDI Setup? If it's not appearing in Live, it may be that the system hasn't recognised it.
Thank you!! Fiddled around in audio midi setup for a while and managed to solve the issue. Just had to rescan for midi devices
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search