The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Interface with sub out?
Old 11th March 2016
Gear Maniac

Interface with sub out?

Why is this so hard to find?

I had an m audio fast track that had this, now I look and I can't find a single basic interface with outs for monitors and a sub.

Suggestions?
Old 12th March 2016
My suggestion would be to just take the audio out from whatever interface you choose, and run that into a sub, and run your speakers off of the sub. This way, you have nearly unlimited options, rather than looking for such a rare feature...which I imagine is most likely found on less professional gear.

I use powered KRK Rokit 5 near field-monitors, and the company makes a KRK 10S sub-woofer. I don't have the sub, but I've been thinking about getting one.

Here's a typical configuration...

Old 12th March 2016
Gear Maniac

Yeah but the thing is, my subwoofer doesn't have outputs like this, I would need a seperate connection because you can't run the audio back out of the sub. It's not the greatest sub but it provides plenty of bass for my needs

And the cost of a studio subwoofer is simply out of my price range, they are ~400+ dollars
Old 12th March 2016
Gear Maniac

Yeah but the thing is, my subwoofer doesn't have outputs like this, I would need a seperate connection because you can't run the audio back out of the sub. It's not the greatest sub but it provides plenty of bass for my needs

And the cost of a studio subwoofer is simply out of my price range, they are ~400+ dollars
Old 12th March 2016
Gear Maniac

Old 12th March 2016
Gear Maniac

The thing is my subwoofer doesn't have these outputs. I have a basic sub but it's plenty of bass for my needs. And the cost of a studio one is out of my price range, I don't have 400+ for a studio sub
Old 13th March 2016
Gear Maniac

Oops, on mobile sorry
Old 13th March 2016
Gear Nut

Never heard of an audio interface with a subwoofer port. Wouldn't make sense - not only would you need to put crossover circuitry in the interface, you'd be limiting the use of a general purpose port. As mentioned above, this is usually handled by a crossover built into the sub. A cheaper option would be this crossover thingy from Behringer.
Old 13th March 2016
Gear Maniac

Yes that is perfect! Exactly what I needed. And $79 bucks... That's what I'm talkin about lol thanks man!
Old 13th March 2016
Yeah $400 is a bit much if on a budget, so that thing above will work then

This just reminded me, I have this Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 system laying around somewhere (?), so before I spring for a KRK sub, I may want to try the Klipsh sub out 1st.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search