The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
EQ's for Hip Hop drum buss
Old 11th March 2016
EQ's for Hip Hop drum buss

Curious on what EQ's you guys are using and what you think is good for HipHop drum bussing. Im running NI Komplete 10 Ultimate and several Waves bundles. I also have the Pro-Q2.

Maybe PuigTec or SSL EQ?
Old 11th March 2016
Lives for gear
Try using a pultec style eq on the kick. I use sonimus son eq pro. That's also just sweet on the bus.

I'd also run parallel processing and throw some saturation and or distortion on that to juice it up. Anything from a guitar amp to vinyl or tape sim, bit crusher or filter. Blend in to taste.

The fatness isn't just eq.
Old 11th March 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin View Post
Try using a pultec style eq on the kick. I use sonimus son eq pro. That's also just sweet on the bus.

I'd also run parallel processing and throw some saturation and or distortion on that to juice it up. Anything from a guitar amp to vinyl or tape sim, bit crusher or filter. Blend in to taste.

The fatness isn't just eq.
I was thinking Pultec style would be good. Also my ProQ2 to help shape/carve things into the mix.

Yea ill be using the J37, Kramer Tape or various distortion saturation as well. Parallel comping and all that. Just curious about views on different EQ.
Old 11th March 2016
Lives for gear
Great stuff. The son eq pro is a marvel!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search