The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Tempo in Audio File
Old 10th March 2016
Gear Nut

Tempo in Audio File

Hey guys!

I was just wondering if there is a way to put a tempo/bpm in so that when you import an audio file to a program such as Pro Tools that it automatically recognizes it? Thanks!
Old 10th March 2016
Gear Guru

where are you tying to put this tempo info into a file ??? what DAW or ??? PT can see the tempo in any midi file .. if you import a midi file there is a Box to Click to Import Tempo fro file ..
Old 11th March 2016
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwh1192 View Post
where are you tying to put this tempo info into a file ??? what DAW or ??? PT can see the tempo in any midi file .. if you import a midi file there is a Box to Click to Import Tempo fro file ..
For some reason I thought you could add tempo information when you bounced audio from Pro Tools.

Reason I want to do this is so when I import this audio again into Pro Tools or a program like Serato in can read that tempo. But I am guessing this feature doesn't exist
Old 11th March 2016
Gear Nut

No one?

I know this question has to do with ID3 tags. All I want to know is how to put these tags in the file so that programs like Pro Tools & Serato can automatically recognize them.
Old 11th March 2016
Gear Guru

is that what is in a MIDI file ?? ID3 tags ?? a companion MIDI file would hold all that info .. but had you in that it would be nice in the One Package !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny46 View Post
No one?

I know this question has to do with ID3 tags. All I want to know is how to put these tags in the file so that programs like Pro Tools & Serato can automatically recognize them.
Old 12th March 2016
Gear Maniac

Usually audio files do not contain any tempo informations.
wav. aiff. for example do not have such informations.

But there are a few proprietary format that do have tempo informations.
For example Sony Acid and REX and REX2 (from Propellerhead).
These format are supported (read) by a lot of DAWs.
I think "Logic Pro X" has also a specific format to save tempo informations within an audio file.

Of course the audio files must be first saved in one of these formats.
AFAIK "ReCycle" from Propellerhead is the only programm able to create REX files.
"Acid Pro" from Sony will create audio files with acid format.
These specific audio files can only be read by a DAW supporting these format.

I do not know if Pro Tools is able to read/import REX or ACID.

A suggestion: do you really need a specific format?
Today most DAWs are able in one way or another to recognize the tempo of an audio file (loop) I assume Pro Tools is able to do this too?

An easy way is also to write the bpm in the file name.

Regards
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search