The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Cubase. Macbook Pro or Laptop for me? Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 7th March 2016
Gear Nut

Cubase. Macbook Pro or Laptop for me?

Hi Guys,

RME Babyface, Addictive Drums, real guitar and amp.

I'm mainly concerned with the Cubase part. I know of the Dawbench tests and people claiming Cubase is designed for windows. Is this really still the case though? I notice the tests were from many years ago.

I'm thinking of a Macbook Pro with i7 and SSD but just the standard graphics card. Never used or owned a Mac but I checked them out in store and they seem great.

I will be using it mainly for composition purposes. I am a guitar player and will record guitar, keyboards, bass and use midi for drums. All separate of course so I can't imagine I'll be really pushing things to the extreme. Once again just nervous about Cubase 8.5 in Apple.

Thanks,

A.
Old 7th March 2016
Lives for gear
hi, i have used cubase with windows for 7 years...
now cubase 8 on macbook i7 with ssd.
don't worry it works the same, probably even better too.
Old 7th March 2016
Gear Nut

Hey thanks for the reply. Yeah just needed some convincing. I think if I was to base everything off this site and issues with things I'd never buy any DAW cos they all get so many complaints. Lol. I also just checked out Marco Minnemann and noticed he uses a Macbook and Cubase.
Old 7th March 2016
Lives for gear

The performance gap has closed significantly in the last few years due to user pressure so that's been good for Cubase Mac users.
You'll have no problems running Cubase 8.5 with you rmacbook :D

MC
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search