The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Any RME Users Here? Need Help Audio Interfaces
Old 6th March 2016
Gear Maniac

Any RME Users Here? Need Help

I haven't been able to get the RME forum to work at all this weekend, so I thought I'd see if any of you guys have any advice. I get an error message when I try to open up any of the forum pages. I just bought a Mac Pro, and I tried to install the Total Mix and Fireface Settings software on my new computer to run my Fireface UCX.

Here is the issue I'm having with my RME UCX installation: I installed the new drivers I downloaded from the "Firewire interfaces," section of the RME website on my new Mac Pro running:

16GB (4x4GB) of 1866MHz DDR3 ECC

256GB PCIe-based flash storage

3.5GHz 6-core with 12MB of L3 cache

Dual AMD FirePro D300 GPUs with 2GB of GDDR5 VRAM

It is running OSX 10.11.3

I installed the newest drivers and flash upgrades as directed. Unfortunately the Total Mix and Fireface settings programs do not open automatically on my new computer when I turn my Fireface UCX on as they did on my old Macbook Pro. If I try and open the programs manually via my accessories folder, Total Mix will show up on my computer doc, but the mixing window does not open. The Fireface settings program will not open at all. I am running the Fireface UCX via USB. Do I need to install the software using the included DVDs that came in the box with my UCX first? I just started with the downloads from the RME website. Should I uninstall the software when reinstall it again? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 6th March 2016
Lives for gear

Using the downloads usually is the right thing to do. Looks as if your interface isn't detected, maybe you are running it in CC (class compliant) mode?

What does Windows Device-Manager say about the device?

Tried a different cable already?
Old 6th March 2016
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timur Born View Post
Using the downloads usually is the right thing to do. Looks as if your interface isn't detected, maybe you are running it in CC (class compliant) mode?

How do I check if it is in class compliant mode? It still works great with my old Macbook Pro, so I think the cable is working. I'm running a mac and when I go into the sound settings in the preferences folder I'm not seeing the unit being recognized.
Old 6th March 2016
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timur Born View Post

Ok I figured out the class compliant bit. I'm trying that out right now.
Old 6th March 2016
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackdc100 View Post
Ok I figured out the class compliant bit. I'm trying that out right now.
Ok figured it out. Thanks for being willing to help though.
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search