The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
The new Apollo 8, high latency?
Old 5th March 2016
Here for the gear

The new Apollo 8, high latency?

hi everybody,

so i just got this brand new apollo 8 interface to replace my current apogee duet (which is pretty awesome but i hated the breakout cable) and I've noticed a high latency issue whilst recording electric guitar using the apollo with ableton.

So i was doing my usual stuff, tracking guitar into guitar rig in ableton and applying plugins here and there (i have almost no outboard gear), right when i hit around 20 tracks in the project i started to notice a high latency whenever i try to record guitar, i can't tell how much is the delay but it feels like its over 30ms. this was very weird since my buffer size was 128 (round trip 11.7ms as shown in ableton) and sample rate 44.1 and there was no audible glitches. However, when i opened up a blank project it was all fine again, no more latency issue whatsoever until i reopened my project again.

Now I'm completely clueless, i don't know if this is a issue with the apollo8, or an issue with my laptop (which is a macbook pro 13" with Core i5 2.4 Ghz and 8GB of memory).

Any suggestions appreciated, thanks in advance!
Old 5th March 2016
Here for the gear

and i forgot to mention, the latency comes from monitoring in ableton not from the apollo console!
Old 6th March 2016
Lives for gear

That's your problem, turn of software monitoring and use the low latency monitoring in the Apollo
Old 6th March 2016
Lives for gear

Yeah, Console will be impervious to DAW latency, though if you want to monitor through software that's not UAD, you're stuck with high latency daw monitoring.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search