The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Roland TR8 + Ableton (Problem Latency)
Old 5th March 2016
Here for the gear

Roland TR8 + Ableton (Problem Latency)

Hi everyone, after countless tutorials, tests, latency compensation settings etc etc, also try here

I recently purchased the Roland TR8 and System-1.
I need that everything is synchronized well with Ableton, but that 'does not happen.

Premise, I have a Apogee Duet Duo (without midi inputs), an iMac i7 quad 12 DD3.
Work at 48khz - Buffer 256 - Combined Device Mac (Apogee + Tr8 + System 1)

The working mode is
1) Track Midi Drumrack TR8 (with appropriate plug Max Tr8) - For pattern Midi
2) Track Group (IN audio from Tr8) - To record the various divided instruments (send)
3) Pre-Master track

Obviously my Template also has other tracks dedicated to tools, bus etc.

Now, the problem is the same, despite evidence of clearing tests etc. the delay is always present. O recording Midi (from tr8 to midi track) or audio (midi rack Tr8 and tr8 to Trace Multi instrument), and are often the clips or inaccuracies in recording the end, in spite of setting buffer problems we do not are.

This problem does not give me how to work making the most of everything, in fact.
There must be a solution? Is there someone who can give me some advice about this?
I also ask, if I bought an external MIDI patch (midi-usb) the problem could be solved?

How the hell do I resolve as Roland unresponsive and not as a support?
Thank you
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search