The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
RCA Spdif to optical Spdif
Old 3rd March 2016
Gear Nut

RCA Spdif to optical Spdif

I would like to connect the RCA Spdif output of a Digital MPA II to the Spdif input of an Audient ID22.
Unfortunatly the MPA uses RCA and the Audient Optical.

I'm looking for a RCA -> Optical converter which works.
Old 4th March 2016
Lives for gear

I use an M-Audio C02 for that task. Not glamorous but it does the job. Not made anymore but it shouldn't be too hard to find one on ebay or somewhere similar.
Old 4th March 2016
Old 4th March 2016
Gear Nut

Thanks for your answers.
There are many available but it's good to know the ones which work correctly.
Old 5th March 2016
And if you need several digital I/O conversions at once, there are more elaborate devices out there. On the cheap....and they're audio interfaces, but can also be used in a stand-alone mode. For just conversion, you can buy a used Motu 2408 'I' on eBay for about $50. On the oldest 'I' it's analog I/I's are only 20 bit, but their digital I/O's are 24 bit, great if you're only using it in a stand-alone mode for the digital for conversion. They have 3 Toslink/adat I/O's & a pair of s/pdif I/O. Then there's the MOTU 308, which has more s/pdif I/O's.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search