The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Slate - ReLab LX480 Crashing Host DAW??
Old 2nd March 2016
Lives for gear

Slate - ReLab LX480 Crashing Host DAW??

I just got the Slate Everything Bundle and every time I load up the verb that comes with it (Relab LX480) the plugin crashes any DAW I bring it up in.

Anybody else having this issue? I'm going to contact Slate support but just wanted to see if there was a quick fix.
Old 3rd March 2016
Gear Head

Hi, yes the same here. After every update I have problems with Slate plugs. And I'm fed up contacting support after every update.
Also my Antares EVO stopped working. Tried deactivating and reactivating in iLok manager, deleting Slate components and reinstall through Gobbler........ pfffffffff.....nothing worked.
Old 3rd March 2016
Gear Head

Nobody else with the same problem ? Mmmm..... hard to believe.
Old 3rd March 2016
Gear Maniac

I'm not getting crashes but I am getting audio dropouts, which makes it unusable.

It's a recognised fault and apparently an update is planned, but Relab has been really slow with updates previously so I'm not holding my breath..
Old 3rd March 2016
Lives for gear

Wow, sounds like I'm not alone.
Old 3rd March 2016
Gear Maniac

It's one of the best ITB reverbs out there, annoyingly.
Old 3rd March 2016
Gear Nut

FWIW, I've been using the Slate bundle for a couple of months in Reaper on a win7 machine. I love LX480 and use it on every project. No problems.
Old 3rd March 2016
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by stresstour View Post
I just got the Slate Everything Bundle and every time I load up the verb that comes with it (Relab LX480) the plugin crashes any DAW I bring it up in.

Anybody else having this issue? I'm going to contact Slate support but just wanted to see if there was a quick fix.
I had LX480 2.02 installed since last year and had used it with Logic X without problems. loading the Slate CLA Audiolegends session crashed Logic X because of the Relab LX 480 plugin immediately.
I downloaded the installer again from the relab-site and installed it.
crashes gone.
Old 3rd March 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfger View Post
I downloaded the installer again from the relab-site and installed it.
crashes gone.
Awesome news. I'm gonna try that. I'll report back with the results.
Old 3rd March 2016
Gear Head

Wolfger, did you just install over the old one without removing anything??

I have a "pre-Slate Carbon Copy Cloned" external disk on which I installed the Slate plugs one at a time. VMR, VTM, VBC, FG-X... all run fine in Logic. Then the LX-480, which Gobbler said installed successfully but boom.... crashes Logic again. So my question to Slate Support; what did you change in the installers after S-Gear is part of them now?? There must be something different because pre S-Gear everything ran fine.

Thanks.
Old 3rd March 2016
Gear Head

Also got the installer from the Relab site.... unfortunately no luck here. Still crashes Logic.
Old 3rd March 2016
Gear Head

By the way..... Is Steven Slate around us these days?? Hi might chime in on this one.
Old 3rd March 2016
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snamreton View Post
Also got the installer from the Relab site.... unfortunately no luck here. Still crashes Logic.
Sorry to here that. I deleted the component from the plug in folder and reinstalled with the new installer from relab.
i attach a pic with the version number and date showing.
The deleted component also had version number 2.0.2 but showed an older date.
Attached Thumbnails
Slate - ReLab LX480 Crashing Host DAW??-bildschirmfoto-2016-03-03-um-22.46.51.png  
Old 5th March 2016
Gear Head

Stressstour, any luck after reinstalling ?
Old 5th March 2016
Gear Head

Btw....... I opende a support ticket at Slate Support 2 day's ago....... no response yet (again).
Old 5th March 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snamreton View Post
Wolfger, did you just install over the old one without removing anything??

I have a "pre-Slate Carbon Copy Cloned" external disk on which I installed the Slate plugs one at a time. VMR, VTM, VBC, FG-X... all run fine in Logic. Then the LX-480, which Gobbler said installed successfully but boom.... crashes Logic again. So my question to Slate Support; what did you change in the installers after S-Gear is part of them now?? There must be something different because pre S-Gear everything ran fine.

Thanks.

I just went to the ReLab site downloaded LX480 Complete and installed it over the previous plugin and it's working beautifully with no crashes! Thx a ton Wolfger

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search