The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Using Nyrv Agent with Nebula and Acqua`s Condenser Microphones
Old 3rd June 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbx View Post
BTW - love having the enable controls on the grid (in the beta) and the PoolTEq setup for agent is an absolute winner!
With your feedback Leon, every Nebula user will be better in the long run, again I thank you for your help.
Old 3rd June 2016
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbx View Post
Hi, I'm back from having some more time with Agent and Nebula

Another feature request (sorry!) - I don't know if this has already been requested by anyone (been a while since I've read through the threads) - but it crossed my mind while working with some Nebula libraries (and it may also benefit other plugs too).

Much like *some* Nebula presets have a GDrv control (and newer Acqua's have the Trim control) - to alter the input gain - whilst simultaneously negating that gain on the output (A Drive control essentially) - it would be really useful if we had a drive control for each slot - which could also be added to the grid...

It would help with gainstaging without worrying about the levels altering too much. I hate having to work with separate input and output controls - because when I have the levels balanced and want to increase the level through a single plugin - I have to play around with 2 separate controls which is a pain (and hearing the actual difference in harmonic distortion is hard when the levels are constantly changing). Would love just being able to tweak a Drive control knowing that the levels will stay the same and what you are hearing is the actual difference in tone...

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Cheers,
L.

BTW - love having the enable controls on the grid (in the beta) and the PoolTEq setup for agent is an absolute winner!
It's an interesting idea and i don't think to hard to implement. we'll take a look at it as we work on AGENT XL.

On a side note, not sure if you guys follow us on youtube but we have 3 more videos posted this week.
Old 7th June 2016
Lives for gear

Here is a almost finished Classic Blue 1102 Tim P EQ me and Will have been working on to use in Nyrv Agent

we also decided to make custom knobs this time

Modern meets Vintage

[Imgur](http://i.imgur.com/upeT2U3.png)

Gyrator is next
Old 7th June 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by illsoulprod View Post
Did you create these knobs yourself or did you get them off the internet?
Those are custom made by Jfjer himself.
Old 7th June 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by illsoulprod View Post
Did you create these knobs yourself or did you get them off the internet?
i created them in a free program called Knobman from scratch , pretty easy to use actually

they also have a gallery of knobs,
an easy way to learn the program is to open an already made knob you can find
that is close to what you are going for, and try to alter it to your liking,
do this a couple of times, learn the parameters what they do and you are ready to make your own knobs from scratch in no time

im gonna advance to 3d rendered knobs at a later time but they are much more difficult to understand those programs, at least for me, steep learning curve
so Knobman is the best way to start learning to make knobs
Old 7th June 2016
Lives for gear

In answer to your reply Will on the other thread (about needing setups as well as agent) -- and this q of course also to jfjer -- is it poss at some point to run through exactly what I'd need to do, step by step, if say I wanted to try the Classic Blue 1102 Nyrv patch - assuming you guys are up for sharing/selling it - I never did ask that

edit: think I'm sussing it out now - was a little worried about having to spend weeks learning all this...demoing nyrv and it's fairly straightforward...got setups on the go now..this might be trickier..will see.
Btw jfjer - I made quite a few graphics in knobman a while back - you're welcome to try them if they any use to you.

Last edited by Tsonic; 7th June 2016 at 05:44 PM..
Old 7th June 2016
Gear Nut

Just wanted to let you guys know that we have officially released 1.4

you'll get an email shortly but you can find it at :: NyrvSystems ::

This is an updated website as well.
Old 8th June 2016
Lives for gear

i know its a little early but i hope we get more color options for knobs in 1.5 hint hint Nyrv
Old 9th June 2016
Lives for gear

The only way I've been able to figure out how to import my own knobs is by replacing the existing ones (using the same file name) - so yes - @ Nyrv, if you could either make more colours, or create a set of say 16 more template knobs, would be great. Or if there's another way?
Be good to have a few more switches and buttons too if poss.
Old 9th June 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsonic View Post
The only way I've been able to figure out how to import my own knobs is by replacing the existing ones (using the same file name) - so yes - @ Nyrv, if you could either make more colours, or create a set of say 16 more template knobs, would be great. Or if there's another way?
Be good to have a few more switches and buttons too if poss.
you can copy and paste for example the vintage theme( or another theme ) and call the folder what you want in:
NyrvSystems Resources/Agent/Skins
now you have a theme you can alter as much the limitations allows you without touching the original themes

to have the name you want for your custom theme to appear as theme name
you want it to be within nyrv
you have to set in the info file(within you're custom theme folder) where is says vintage theme(in this example)
in you're custom theme and change the name there
just open it up with word pad in windows and set the name and save
or do it with the similar notepad if you are on osx

i cant remember actually if had to alter the info file in osx, its been a while since i did it there hehe

but if the theme just appears as the one you copied in nyrv on osx
change the name in the info file is the way to go

its the best hack for now

i still would like many more default colors in Nyrv 1.5 though, even same colors in different shades, but also new colors like white, gray and pink, the more colors the better

i completely agree to have a few more switches and buttons

and more options for bypass buttons as the current option is on the bigger side for my taste, it steals the design in many cases hehe

i got lucky on the Tim P Classic blue with the current ones, there i actually liked them, but some options would be nice to have
Old 9th June 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfjer View Post
you can copy and paste for example the vintage theme( or another theme ) and call the folder what you want in:
NyrvSystems Resources/Agent/Skins
now you have a theme you can alter as much the limitations allows you without touching the original themes

to have the name you want for your custom theme to appear as theme name
you want it to be within nyrv
you have to set in the info file(within you're custom theme folder) where is says vintage theme(in this example)
in you're custom theme and change the name there
just open it up with word pad in windows and set the name and save
or do it with the similar notepad if you are on osx

i cant remember actually if had to alter the info file in osx, its been a while since i did it there hehe

but if the theme just appears as the one you copied in nyrv on osx
change the name in the info file is the way to go

its the best hack for now

i still would like many more default colors in Nyrv 1.5 though, even same colors in different shades, but also new colors like white, gray , purple and pink, the more colors the better :)

i completely agree to have a few more switches and buttons kfhkh rockout
Thanks a lot for that jfjer - got it to work - just needed to duplicate the vintage folder (on mac) - no need to alter text file (tried that 1st and didn't work).
Can duplicate as many as you want it seems. Only thing I noticed is that it still keeps same name for each one in the menu window, so I just altered the thumbnail pngs in each new folder - that way its easy to tell each one apart.
Old 9th June 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsonic View Post
Thanks a lot for that jfjer - got it to work - just needed to duplicate the vintage folder (on mac) - no need to alter text file (tried that 1st and didn't work).
Can duplicate as many as you want it seems. Only thing I noticed is that it still keeps same name for each one in the menu window, so I just altered the thumbnail pngs in each new folder - that way its easy to tell each one apart.

thanks for sharing the info about that

im sure i got the themes to appear as the names i wanted in 1.3.1 on osx
but nice workaround you did there Tsonic

this is whats so nice about sharing info

i learned you something then you just learned me something
i hadn't even thought about

im sure gonna alter the thumbnails too ,to go along with my custom theme names

it works on windows though altering names
i wonder why it don't work on osx anymore

Can Nyrv make a comment on this, did something change in 1.4 ?

well it worked out for the better at least for the both of us hehe

Cheers
Old 10th June 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motor For Music View Post
I have purchased the 4KC AND 4KQ Alex B, can you make an SSL chanel, what restrictions does Agent have in terms of functionality with neb

Many Thanks
sorry for answering so late

only restriction im seeing right now is to few slots in agent 1.4
so if i do a ssl now i have to put the low pass filter on page two for example as im seeing the ssl have 9 preset instances

personally i don't like that, i like to keep the eq`s in one page

but i can work out a temporary solution like that and make it complete the day when 1.5 is released

i think 1.5 may have some more slots than 8 hopefully

im working on Gyrator right now for a NS2 preset so i dont have time to do an ssl yet

but i will do the temporary ssl when i got the time
Old 11th June 2016
Gear Nut

Quote:
Here is a almost finished Classic Blue 1102 Tim P EQ me and Will have been working on to use in Nyrv Agent

we also decided to make custom knobs this time

Modern meets Vintage

[Imgur](http://i.imgur.com/upeT2U3.png)

Gyrator is next
This looks AMAZING!!! nice work! great job with the knobs too. We are working on a couple new skins for XL release that I think you will like as well.
Old 11th June 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrv View Post
This looks AMAZING!!! nice work! great job with the knobs too. We are working on a couple new skins for XL release that I think you will like as well.
thanks, i will say it ain't bad considering im not that good in photoshop yet
but i imposes my will with my limited skills until it looks like i want lol

it looks a little better now when i have aligned everything prefect with the screws and stuff
and added a special logo too

im gonna make a skin for a hybrid Aqcua eq very soon
its time to try out that too
im pretty sure thats gonna be a amazing sounding Acqua and very fun trying something new
my plan was to set it up yesterday but i hadn't enough time

it will be hard making it look anything like an Acqua though considering Acustica make the best looking gui`s on the planet
with the sound to follow

any information on ETA for 1.5 ?

and will 1.5 have more slots than 1.4 ?

it doesn't need to be correct but is it 6 months to release ? a year ? or earlier ?
Old 11th June 2016
Gear Nut

Quote:
thanks, i will say it ain't bad considering im not that good in photoshop yet
but i imposes my will with my limited skills until it looks like i want lol

it looks a little better now when i have aligned everything prefect with the screws and stuff
and added a special logo too

im gonna make a skin for a hybrid Aqcua eq very soon
its time to try out that too
im pretty sure thats gonna be a amazing sounding Acqua and very fun trying something new
my plan was to set it up yesterday but i hadn't enough time

any information on ETA for 1.5 ?

and will 1.5 have more slots than 1.4 ?

it doesn't need to be correct but is it 6 months to release ? a year ? or earlier ?
You need to make a video of that skin in action so I can put it out in our feeds. did you upload it to nyrvana?

1.5 (code named XL) will be going to beta in the next 4 weeks if everything goes to plan. Hoping to release by October 1.

it will still have 2 blocks of 8 slots. That kind of structural change can't happen inside the rest of the feature set we are looking at. What I am thinking though is this...

XL will be able to load either AGENT 1.4 or a scaled down host that would contain another chunk of slots and some routing options. That could get you to potentially 64 plugins on 1 page.

What you need to understand is that the 8 slots ties into the controller technology that we are implementing as well. adding even 1 more slot screws all that up so it isnt going to happen in this context.

AGENT light is another option on the table. I've already created an AGENT LT design spec that would be 1 page with unlimited plugins and a scalable interface. That though is a pretty huge project and we have some other things that are on the agenda before that happens.
Old 11th June 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrv View Post
You need to make a video of that skin in action so I can put it out in our feeds. did you upload it to nyrvana?

1.5 (code named XL) will be going to beta in the next 4 weeks if everything goes to plan. Hoping to release by October 1.

it will still have 2 blocks of 8 slots. That kind of structural change can't happen inside the rest of the feature set we are looking at. What I am thinking though is this...

XL will be able to load either AGENT 1.4 or a scaled down host that would contain another chunk of slots and some routing options. That could get you to potentially 64 plugins on 1 page.

What you need to understand is that the 8 slots ties into the controller technology that we are implementing as well. adding even 1 more slot screws all that up so it isnt going to happen in this context.

AGENT light is another option on the table. I've already created an AGENT LT design spec that would be 1 page with unlimited plugins and a scalable interface. That though is a pretty huge project and we have some other things that are on the agenda before that happens.
wow
i want that Agent light, it seems perfect for my task
unlimited plugins and scalable in one page, give it to me now hehe
please make that Agent light
Old 11th June 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
sorry for answering so late

only restriction im seeing right now is to few slots in agent 1.4
so if i do a ssl now i have to put the low pass filter on page two for example as im seeing the ssl have 9 preset instances

personally i don't like that, i like to keep the eq`s in one page

but i can work out a temporary solution like that and make it complete the day when 1.5 is released

i think 1.5 may have some more slots than 8 hopefully

im working on Gyrator right now for a NS2 preset so i dont have time to do an ssl yet

but i will do the temporary ssl when i got the time
Ok that's cook thanks

Is there any news on the Accua SSL strip to complement Pink being API
Old 11th June 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Ok that's cook thanks

Is there any news on the Accua SSL strip to complement Pink being API
i haven't heard about the Acqua ssl yet
that it is really happening, i only heard rumors in the acqua thread
but so far i have heard nothing about it in the AA forum
but i really hope it will happen
they would have a best seller if they did , no doubt
Old 11th June 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
i haven't heard about the Acqua ssl yet
that it is really happening, i only heard rumors in the acqua thread
but so far i have heard nothing about it in the AA forum
but i really hope it will happen
they would have a best seller if they did , no doubt
I'm not holding my breath. AA are moving away from gear specific Acqua's, as the new compressor is sampled from 10 different pieces of gear! If they do an SSL it will be Frankenstein-ed up, and most likley not sound like an SSL should, lol. That is not to say that the Acqua's sound bad, not even close, they sound great, just not like the hardware we are after. AA is heading down a different path, but we still have Nebula and the 3rd party dev's doing standard hardware.

Now as to Agent 1.5 or Agent lite..... whatever gives us more slots I'm all for!
Jfjer and I will keep doing presets because after you work with Nebula in Agent it is hard to go back IMHO.
Old 11th June 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo View Post
I'm not holding my breath. AA are moving away from gear specific Acqua's, as the new compressor is sampled from 10 different pieces of gear! If they do an SSL it will be Frankenstein-ed up, and most likley not sound like an SSL should, lol. That is not to say that the Acqua's sound bad, not even close, they sound great, just not like the hardware we are after. AA is heading down a different path, but we still have Nebula and the 3rd party dev's doing standard hardware.

Now as to Agent 1.5 or Agent lite..... whatever gives us more slots I'm all for!
Jfjer and I will keep doing presets because after you work with Nebula in Agent it is hard to go back IMHO.
This will be possibly the best compressor ever released. No way you can get an hardware like this. Or nebula. It is time to surrender.
Old 11th June 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod View Post
This will be possibly the best compressor ever released. No way you can get an hardware like this. Or nebula. It is time to surrender.
G, I've used 3 original Fairchild 660's, several Mercury 66's, Atomic Squeeze boxes, DW Fearn comp, Requisite Comp, Retro 176 and Sta-Level, Manley Slam, Voxbox, Vari-Mu's, Chandler comps on top of the normal API, SSL,, Urei, UA, Neve, Focusrite comps, etc, and many clones too....... I have a very high level that I use to judge a piece of hardware or software, you'll get my blunt honest opinion as always.

Either the tool has a place or it does not, Surrender is a word I don't use, lol. With that said, I would choose a cheap DBX 160 over the best comp made for aggressive hip hop drums, every tool has to find it's right place. Regardless of what you think, WE decide where your comp will work best. I'm sure you'll be hearing from us.

So, in your opinion G, is it a general comp, vocal comp, mastering comp, drum comp, buss comp? Is it clean or dirty, smooth or aggressive, SS or Tube, what type of detector? Where do you see it fitting in usage wise?
Old 11th June 2016
Lives for gear

It doesn't matter.
We are building tools basing them on the impressive warehouse of assessments created during all these years.
I understand something was not perfect sometimes but we realized this was just a matter of bugs.

It is really possible to create things like in Jurassic park/world. A fairchild with the strength of a modern compressor.

This company is everything about innovation, and we create innovation before people realize they have a need!

Last edited by zaphod; 12th June 2016 at 12:30 AM..
Old 12th June 2016
Gear Addict

Quote:
wow
i want that Agent light, it seems perfect for my task
unlimited plugins and scalable in one page, give it to me now hehe
please make that Agent light

hey jfer,got inspired by your custom graphic elements and thought i'd give one a try ,a bit of a shortcut here though hahaah i think you'll see what i mean...jeff i've been using the trial 1.4 and it's works perfect will be purchasing asap,nyrv is one of the best plugin developments i think in years great work,was waiting for the new nebula 4 but i think i'll enjoy making my own skins for awhile.
Attached Thumbnails
Using Nyrv Agent with Nebula and Acqua`s-screen-shot-2016-06-12-12.06.45-am.jpg  
Old 12th June 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod View Post
G which compressor are u referring to in that statement
Old 12th June 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by reggiejaxx View Post
hey jfer,got inspired by your custom graphic elements and thought i'd give one a try ,a bit of a shortcut here though hahaah i think you'll see what i mean...jeff i've been using the trial 1.4 and it's works perfect will be purchasing asap,nyrv is one of the best plugin developments i think in years great work,was waiting for the new nebula 4 but i think i'll enjoy making my own skins for awhile.
nice

i get inspired too when i see others creations

i like you're design, its like a 500 series module

i really hope Nyrv make the Agent light version with unlimited slots and re-sizable grid
then we can have a rack full of similar 500 series eq`s like you made there

i presume that is the silk, what developer are you using ? Tim P or CDSM ?
Old 12th June 2016
Gear Addict

oh it's the W295b from the germanos series AITB. i downloaded the poolteq graphic you made it's killer thats what inspired it all.
Old 12th June 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
G which compressor are u referring to in that statement
Upcoming 2412 and 7236
Old 12th June 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
oh it's the W295b from the germanos series AITB. i downloaded the poolteq graphic you made it's killer thats what inspired it all.
yeah , AITB has one too, i forgot hehe

theres 3 nebula silk i know of now then

i wonder how each version differs in sound

does the AITB silk sound good ?, i have none yet but i tried Acusticas acqua silk once on a friends computer, very nice sounding eq
Old 12th June 2016
Gear Nut

Quote:
love this! So glad to hear you're having success with 1.4 and thanks for the kind words. Your going to love whats coming.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search