The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Using Nyrv Agent with Nebula and Acqua`s
Old 12th May 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motor For Music View Post
Has anyone manged to create an Alex B nebula SSL channel strip out of this? How did you create the 88RS ?
to fit MFeQ (88rs) into one page compromises had to me made.
so what i did is open up nebula and swish between shelf and bell when i need to,
i also made presets in nebula in those slots so i dont have to look for the right presets
so the swishing between shelf and bell only take 2 seconds.
i saved 88rs with shelfs as default

i also made a graphic element for it

the resolution is a little bad when you upload direct to GS so i added a zip to if you want to see it in full quality

i also added the graphic element it self if yo like it and want to use it
Attached Thumbnails
Using Nyrv Agent with Nebula and Acqua`s-screen-shot-mfq.jpg  
Attached Files
Old 12th May 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfjer View Post
to fit MFeQ (88rs) into one page compromises had to me made.
so what i did is open up nebula and swish between shelf and bell when i need to,
i also made presets in nebula in those slots so i dont have to look for the right presets
so the swishing between shelf and bell only take 2 seconds.
i saved 88rs with shelfs as default

i also made a graphic element for it

the resolution is a little bad when you upload direct to GS so i added a zip to if you want to see it in full quality

i also added the graphic element it self if yo like it and want to use it
haha I bet Neve love you for using that logo, looks cool, isnt Nebula 4 supposed to be able to do this.

Did you use the Alex B stuff?

Old 12th May 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
haha I bet Neve love you for using that logo, looks cool, isnt Nebula 4 supposed to be able to do this.

Did you use the Alex B stuff?

i don't think Neve cares about a graphic element that is homemade and none commercial hehe

yes i use it with Alex B`s MFeQ (N 88rs)

nope nebula 4 will do a bad job at this according to AA them self

loading many current nebula instances in N4 will bring cpu and ram to its knees

it was Giancarlo who said that so thats sadly the truth

6-7 months ago N4 was to be considered a new product and loading many neb 3 instances was some of the strong point of of nebula4 back then

now its just to be considered an update, so what changed i dont know

at release only thing i know N4 can do that N3 cant is loading Acquas

not a feature that is gonna make me want to buy nebula 4 at release

so tools like nyrv agent or bluecat patchwork will be necessary for loading many nebula instances no matter what
Old 12th May 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
i don't think Neve cares about a graphic element that is homemade and none commercial hehe

yes i use it with Alex B`s MFeQ (N 88rs)

nope nebula 4 will do a bad job at this according to AA them self

loading many current nebula instances in N4 will bring cpu and ram to its knees

it was Giancarlo who said that so thats sadly the truth

6-7 months ago N4 was to be considered a new product and loading many neb 3 instances was some of the strong point of of nebula4 back then

now its just to be considered an update, so what changed i dont know

at release only thing i know N4 can do that N3 cant is loading Acquas

not a feature that is gonna make me want to buy nebula 4 at release

so tools like nyrv agent or bluecat patchwork will be necessary for loading many nebula instances no matter what
I have purchased the 4KC AND 4KQ Alex B, can you make an SSL chanel, what restrictions does Agent have in terms of functionality with neb

Many Thanks
Old 12th May 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
I have purchased the 4KC AND 4KQ Alex B, can you make an SSL chanel, what restrictions does Agent have in terms of functionality with neb

Many Thanks
well i would like to have more slots in page one(strip page) so i dont need workarounds hehe

as i like my EQ`s to stay in one page

but with Alex b MMeQ i have to use both pages cause there just so many slots to fill
i think i need 14

so i expect my design for it to look very strange haha

so there is 16 slots you can use in nyrv if you cant fill it in in one page
strip page and rack page

another one is that all slots says nebula, but it will be added a feature that allows for renaming slots so thats only a problem right now in current version .
agent 1.4 get released in about a week so renaming slots will be added by then to my knowledge

so i cant think of many minuses in nyrv compared to what nebula4 will have with neb 3 libs

i dont have the Alex b ssl , but i can make a graphic element for it but it will not be my first priority though since i have quite a few designs for some eq`s i have to make first

i think they have an ssl ish one at nyrv its missing the logo, but thats to be expected or else there would be legal issues since that is to be considered commercial

i will throw in a logo though hehe

i made an G element for Alex B Moog eq too recently, darn that eq is good on bass

i forgot to add G element for thouse who might be interested in this

so i added a full resolution screen-shoot + graphic element

this one is gonna get a better version some day though

but much better than nothing this one hehe

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Using Nyrv Agent with Nebula and Acqua`s-screenshot-moog-eq.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Moog 3 bands eq G element.zip (952.2 KB, 44 views)
Old 13th May 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
i dont have the Alex b ssl , but i can make a graphic element for it but it will not be my first priority though since i have quite a few designs for some eq`s i have to make first

i think they have an ssl ish one at nyrv its missing the logo, but thats to be expected or else there would be legal issues since that is to be considered commercial

i will throw in a logo though hehe
What program are you using to design the graphics
Old 13th May 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
What program are you using to design the graphics
photoshop, no added plugins to it

im actually quite rusty in photoshop but the designs looks better than nothing

i only used 20-30 minutes on the moog and i think it shows hehe but its useful enough
Old 13th May 2016
Gear Nut

Hey Guys,

I know we are late on delivering the latest update. Here is some additional info.

I decided to push the implementation of making Enable/Disable buttons part of the NYRV Parameters and therefore assignable to the grid. Turns out this touched a lot more areas of the system than I gave it credit for and took several days of coding to accomplish.

We also found and fixed several stability issues that effected mac multi threading, nebula, Protools, and some others. It's worth the wait.

Thanks for your patience.

Jeff
Old 13th May 2016
Lives for gear

thanks Jeff, im really looking forward to the next update , i do need the new features
thanks for making that happen

Cheers
Old 16th May 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrv View Post
Hey Guys,

I know we are late on delivering the latest update. Here is some additional info.

I decided to push the implementation of making Enable/Disable buttons part of the NYRV Parameters and therefore assignable to the grid. Turns out this touched a lot more areas of the system than I gave it credit for and took several days of coding to accomplish.

We also found and fixed several stability issues that effected mac multi threading, nebula, Protools, and some others. It's worth the wait.

Jeff
Thank you for your diligence prior to release, Jeff! This is a small, somewhat niche market, and if Agent is well-executed, it will be the only tool to use for its purpose and spread like wildfire. Looking forward to using it constantly.

Jfjer, man, I would love to hear how you do the skinning for this in a sort of step-by-step way. I would probably end up doing some myself for Nebula and trying to share with the Nebula community. If you wouldn't mind sharing, feel free to post here or PM me!

Best,
MG
Old 16th May 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post
Thank you for your diligence prior to release, Jeff! This is a small, somewhat niche market, and if Agent is well-executed, it will be the only tool to use for its purpose and spread like wildfire. Looking forward to using it constantly.

Jfjer, man, I would love to hear how you do the skinning for this in a sort of step-by-step way. I would probably end up doing some myself for Nebula and trying to share with the Nebula community. If you wouldn't mind sharing, feel free to post here or PM me!

Best,
MG
im gonna make a lot of graphic element as it is called in nyrv agent hehe

im all for sharing mate so you can have mine when i get more finished

i use Photoshop by the way

im very rusty but with some ideas and patience it sort of works LOL

some rust is starting to fall off at last

so far i only have the MFeQ and the Moog i posted here, moog eq has small flaws though but i call it v.1

, im working on POOLteQ today( same design can be used for tim p Dual tec i think ) and more will come,

i have very soon tim p classic blue too ( N 31102 ) ready so yes ill share them

i think a own thread for sharing graphic elements since i do the original logos logos too or maybe find a place i can upload them so other can download them

we`ll figure it out

do you have the moog eq ? really great on bass

i beat Purple with Moog and a couple db boost with the poolteq on bass hehe

and do you have 31102 ? that neve is my favorite classic neve eq, snoot but with the neve sound incredible on electric guitars

i have some pretty cool ideas in my mind with the new route bypass slots to buttons in nyrv, that feature will improve speed in nebula and make them closer to Acquas in work-flow , it will be very easy turning off or on bands without looking at the slots

its gonna be awesome

MFeQ is not exactly bad either hehe really good
but im crazy about Amethyst also hehe nice and creamy with the amek 2500 mix buss pre
Old 19th May 2016
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrv View Post
Hey Guys,

Jeff

Great stuff Jeff!- you seem to be prioritising all the things I care about

Fingers crossed for better handling of missing plugins, but I can understand that might take a while longer

@ Motor For Music - I built a 4K Channel using Alex B's Brown library. Use it all the time. It's not much to look at (I don't really care for fancy GUIs- sound is all to me) In fact, I don't look at it at all- the controls are assigned to a control surface

I use Nebula SetUps to create the channel elements, each one contains the LE and HQ version of the band. You really only need the HQ element (i.e. the harmonic kernels) at the end of the chain and obviously you would only engage those elements you were actually using. Hence each element has the HQ option. The channel comp is shown pre EQ, but can be placed in slot 8 for post EQ.

Using Nebula Setups cuts the loading time as the complete Nebula library is not scanned for each element. I use Nebula Setups almost exclusively when I use Nebula, particularly as it now makes AAX plugins as well as VST and AU.
Attached Thumbnails
Using Nyrv Agent with Nebula and Acqua`s-4k-channel.jpg  
Old 19th May 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post

Fingers crossed for better handling of missing plugins, but I can understand that might take a while longer

@ Motor For Music - I built a 4K Channel using Alex B's Brown library. Use it all the time. It's not much to look at (I don't really care for fancy GUIs- sound is all to me) In fact, I don't look at it at all- the controls are assigned to a control surface

I use Nebula SetUps to create the channel elements, each one contains the LE and HQ version of the band. You really only need the HQ element (i.e. the harmonic kernels) at the end of the chain and obviously you would only engage those elements you were actually using. Hence each element has the HQ option. The channel comp is shown pre EQ, but can be placed in slot 8 for post EQ.

Using Nebula Setups cuts the loading time as the complete Nebula library is not scanned for each element. I use Nebula Setups almost exclusively when I use Nebula, particularly as it now makes AAX plugins as well as VST and AU.
great info there about nebula setups, i didn't know that

i have decided to do a SSL graphic element, you already made a layout so it will be easy making it even i dont have the ssl` libs yet
i can just base the photoshop designs around you're layout if its ok
but im planning to get them so it wont hurt having the design ready the day im going for the ssl`s hehe

and i will share the design in here , so you just place the design on top of you're layout and it should look pretty ok

if you are interested in the SSL design could you please post a screen shot with you're layout in the con fig page so i don't make a mistake with the design hehe
its easier to do it right when i see the grid

Cheers
Old 19th May 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:

Is that 4K Brown the original or newer library?
What control surface are you using?
Old 19th May 2016
Gear Maniac

No problem Jfjer, have at it

@ jeff /Nyrv- the only reason I had to put the text '4K Brown' on the grid was because the preset name (top right) goes blank when the plugin is closed and reopened. Can make it hard to know what plugin your using (unless it has fancy graphics, of course )
Attached Thumbnails
Using Nyrv Agent with Nebula and Acqua`s-4k-channel.jpg  
Old 19th May 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
No problem Jfjer, have at it

@ jeff /Nyrv- the only reason I had to put the text '4K Brown' on the grid was because the preset name (top right) goes blank when the plugin is closed and reopened. Can make it hard to know what plugin your using (unless it has fancy graphics, of course )
cool , i do think many will like an ssl design so therefore i decided to do it hehe

but i must admit using control surface with nebula and nyrv sounds really interesting

is it a DIY control surface you are using or can it be bought ?

i hope it can be bought hehe

Cheers
Old 20th May 2016
Lives for gear

just made a new one to show off new feature in Nyrv Agent 1.4

route slots to bypass buttons

you can bypass all eq bands with the buttons

probaly not the hottest skin if you bought purple since this its the POOLTeQ

but its more than good enough for me , because im saving up for a new computer right now, Purple P-1 later

very unusal the nebula version because you have presets for 20c and up to 100c so in total 4 different low ends in upper row , but of course you bypass what you dont use

i think POOLTeQ will be a contender when it goes v2 though

and im sure Tim P Dual Tec will fit in this design too, and Dualtec is definitely going v2 very soon

i am gonna make a dedicated version for Dualtec too when the v2 get released

i also added full resolution screen shot and the graphic element if you want it in the added ZIP

so just use it nyrv if you want cheers

i assure you this looks much better in full resolution

next im working on for nebula N Agent is Alex B API 550B eq
Attached Thumbnails
Using Nyrv Agent with Nebula and Acqua`s-screenshot-poolteq.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: zip POOLTeQ G element.zip (1.81 MB, 59 views)
Old 20th May 2016
Lives for gear

i wish route to bypass buttons could be a little smaller

they are almost taking over the design hehe

hint hint Nyrv
Old 20th May 2016
Gear Maniac

@ Will It's the new one, bought Dec last year.

Control surface is my trusty Digidesign Command 8 c/w ProTools 12. Controls appear in the 'learn' assignment list and the names you give them in Agent are passed through.

A couple of buggettes- the switches don't work (Nyrv aren't alone in this failing, I get this with a few other plugs as well) and although Agent's internal parameters appear in the 'Learn' list they can't be assigned (hence my enthusiasm for having the slot bypass buttons assignable to the grid)

The system allows the creation of separate maps for each of your Agent creations and although you have to select the map from the list when you instantiate a plugin, you only have to do it once.
Old 20th May 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
just made a new one to show off new feature in Nyrv Agent 1.4

route slots to bypass buttons

you can bypass all eq bands with the buttons

probaly not the hottest skin if you bought purple since this its the POOLTeQ

very unusal the nebula version because you have presets for 20c and up to 100c so in total 4 different low ends in upper row , but of course you bypass what you dont use

i think POOLTeQ will be a contender when it goes v2 though

and im sure Tim P Dual Tec will fit in this design too, and Dualtec is definitely going v2 very soon

i also added full resolution screen shot and the graphic element if you want it in the added ZIP

so just use it nyrv if you want cheers

i assure you this looks much better in full resolution

next im working on for nebula N Agent is Alex B API 550B eq
Hi jfjer.
Does your agent strip take long to open up ? I'm in the middle of trying to get a channel strip to open as quickly as possible but It is kind of long before I get to open it. Did you tweet nebula in a way to get loading time down a little ?
Thanks
Old 20th May 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick2630 View Post
Hi jfjer.
Does your agent strip take long to open up ? I'm in the middle of trying to get a channel strip to open as quickly as possible but It is kind of long before I get to open it. Did you tweet nebula in a way to get loading time down a little ?
Thanks
its not super fast, but as mix monkey are saying if you use nebule setups instances it should load much faster
i dont do that yet because
the computer im using now also has a ridiculous slow HDD lol

Mac mini i7 with 5400 internal, i dont know why but windows boot camp refuses to play nice together with my external usb3 ssd

so i had to put my libs on the internal

so i cant explore fast solutions before i get my computer upgraded
luckily its only 3 weeks away

looking forward to get my 5820k pc with only internal SSD HDD`s

i suggest to use Nyrv Agent with nebula setups
Using Nebula Setups cuts the loading time as the complete Nebula library is not scanned for each element

im gonna try that later today even i have slow HDD

Cheers
Old 20th May 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
its not super fast, but as mix monkey are saying if you use nebule setups instances should load much faster
i dont do that yet because
the computer im using now also has a ridiculous slow HDD lol

5400 internal, i dont know why but windows boot camp refuses to play nice together with my external usb3 ssd

so i had to put my libs on the internal

so i cant explore fast solutions before i get my computer upgraded
luckily its only 3 weeks away

looking forward to get my 5820k pc with only internal SSD HDD`s

i suggest to use Nyrv Agent with nebula setups
Using Nebula Setups cuts the loading time as the complete Nebula library is not scanned for each element

im gonna try that later today even i have slow HDD

Cheers
Thanks. I might just do that myself also.
Old 21st May 2016
Gear Maniac

For the sake of full disclosure, it is possible to get Nebula to load without scanning it's database, see this Acustica Tip:

• View topic - The Nebula tip of the month (#45 - March 2014)

This is only really going to work out for you if your library is fixed (mine never is, I'm always trying new stuff) If you change your library, you will have to rescan it.

Incidentally, the one thing that has a profound effect on loading times is whether the preset being loaded is used at it's native sample rate. If it isn't, it will need SRC and that takes time.

For this reason I have to say I favour AlexB and TimP libraries, which are sampled at various rates, over, say, CD Soundmaster, which are sampled at 96KHz (obviously if 96Khz is your sample rate of choice, you have nothing to worry about )
Old 21st May 2016
Lives for gear

im trying to set up Alex B 550B eq in nyrv Agent

all steps on the gains works perfect

but with the frequencies the steps is coming in too fast

so i cant have my frequencies stepped like i want in Nyrv

but frequencies are also switching so fast in nebula that i almost barely touch it before i have switched frequency

its happening in nebula too if i use it alone so i dont think its Nyrv causing the problem

is there a way to make them less sensitive so the steps is happening between each frequency can be more more even

in Nebula,in Nyrv or both ?

the first steps on the lows for example with 550B are like millimeters in adjustment between the lows

while the last steps are centimeters, i cant remember i have encountered this problem before and the steps being so uneven between each other

even if i used only nebula alone this is way to sensitive

but it also makes it impossible to setup and enjoy in nyrv Agent

do some librarians varies this much or is there a way to adjust it in Nebula ?

Edit : its the 550B lib , the N73 was a little off but i was able to fix it with Nyrv A settings,
thank good for the settings in Nyrv or else N73 would not have worked

550B is so far off its actually impossible to fix it

however i have talked to Alex B on email and he will fix it in next release

i think a list would be vice to make if a eq lib is so far off its not possible to use it in Nyrv

i start with 550B unusable before uptdate in nyrv

Cheers
Old 28th May 2016
Lives for gear

Ok folks, Jfjer and I need some input.

We are working together to make custom Agent presets that will be able to load with any Nebula and Agent user. Thus making an Acqua like plugin within Agent possible with just a preset. This would give us Nebula sound quality with an Acqua type workflow, and everyone would be compatible with each other. So my Alex B PoolTeQ and your Alex B PoolTeQ would be the same, using one preset.

It is a 2 step process to make this work. We've had success in testing so it should work 100%.
Step one is a custom Nebula Setup with skin.
Step two is a custom Agent preset and skin.
Will be around 20MB in size.

We are looking for feedback about the Nebula setups part, but open to any thoughts in general.

Should we use the default OVERWRITEME.N2S skin for every setup, making it easily compatible with every user? Or should we assign a different skin with every Setup, helping to make a standard where anybody who uses them would get the Agent preset but also compatibility with other Nebula users studio's using the setups we are making..... thus providing true session compatibility between any studio's using our Nebula Setups a reality.

It will be a simple, place the right files in the right folders, and you load up the Alex B PoolTeQ, or Blue 1102, or MFQ.... as long as you own the libraries, Nebula and Agent. We're pretty far along in our testing and we've got it working, we just want your feedback.

Any thoughts?
Old 31st May 2016
Lives for gear

Jfjer and I are about finished with our PoolTeQ preset, we need a few volunteers to test the preset.
If you have:

1. Nebula 3
2. Nyrv Agent
3. Alex B PoolTeq library
4. PC... for now
5. VST x64

PM me.

Last edited by Will The Weirdo; 31st May 2016 at 02:33 PM..
Old 31st May 2016
lbx
Gear Nut
Hi,

Really nice work! Have built a few myself but not ventured into custom graphics as not had time!

Having read through this thread - I can't work out if Agent v1.4 is available yet. I've searched on Nyrv website - and they're still pushing 1.3... Am very keen to get v1.4 if available!

I also should have the Poolteq library - although cannot check at the moment. I got it as part of a bundle when buying Neb3 years ago - only I can't find any download links for it anymore in my acustica account... So I can only hope I've already downloaded and have it installed (think so)... I have to say I've never really ventured into using it hence why I can't remember if I have it available...

Am very happy to try out the poolteq setup if it turns out I have got the Poolteq library available. Will check later. But if it's designed for Agent 1.4 - how can I get this version?

Cheers,
L.
Old 31st May 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbx View Post
Hi,

Really nice work! Have built a few myself but not ventured into custom graphics as not had time!

Having read through this thread - I can't work out if Agent v1.4 is available yet. I've searched on Nyrv website - and they're still pushing 1.3... Am very keen to get v1.4 if available!

I also should have the Poolteq library - although cannot check at the moment. I got it as part of a bundle when buying Neb3 years ago - only I can't find any download links for it anymore in my acustica account... So I can only hope I've already downloaded and have it installed (think so)... I have to say I've never really ventured into using it hence why I can't remember if I have it available...

Am very happy to try out the poolteq setup if it turns out I have got the Poolteq library available. Will check later. But if it's designed for Agent 1.4 - how can I get this version?

Cheers,
L.
Agent 1.4 with preset sharing is currently in beta.
Old 31st May 2016
Gear Nut

If anyone would like to get a beta build I'd be happy to provide it. PM me with your email address or email me at [email protected]
Old 3rd June 2016
lbx
Gear Nut
Hi, I'm back from having some more time with Agent and Nebula

Another feature request (sorry!) - I don't know if this has already been requested by anyone (been a while since I've read through the threads) - but it crossed my mind while working with some Nebula libraries (and it may also benefit other plugs too).

Much like *some* Nebula presets have a GDrv control (and newer Acqua's have the Trim control) - to alter the input gain - whilst simultaneously negating that gain on the output (A Drive control essentially) - it would be really useful if we had a drive control for each slot - which could also be added to the grid...

It would help with gainstaging without worrying about the levels altering too much. I hate having to work with separate input and output controls - because when I have the levels balanced and want to increase the level through a single plugin - I have to play around with 2 separate controls which is a pain (and hearing the actual difference in harmonic distortion is hard when the levels are constantly changing). Would love just being able to tweak a Drive control knowing that the levels will stay the same and what you are hearing is the actual difference in tone...

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Cheers,
L.

BTW - love having the enable controls on the grid (in the beta) and the PoolTEq setup for agent is an absolute winner!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search