The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Voxengo Deconvolver Sweep question Utility Software
Old 20th February 2016
Gear Addict

Voxengo Deconvolver Sweep question

I'm having an odd issue with sine sweeps from Voxengo Deconvolver. Ii downloaded a 96k, 6 second sweep from a friend which played fine on my laptop. I transferred it to my DAW, and the sweep played fine, but added a small chirp at the end. Deleted, transferred again, same result. Installed Vonxengo Deconvolver on the DAW. Generated my own sweep using the same parameters, 96k, 6 seconds, mono, Fade. The file still had a chirp when played on the DAW, but wasn't there when played on another computer. I should note that the chirp was present on the DAW computer in both Sonar (my recording program) and Sound Forge. Generating a 3 second sweep yielded the same result.

What in the world is going on? My interface is an RME UFX. I'm sure that's pertinent information, but I don't know how that's influencing playback of the file. Thoughts? Is there another program I can use to generate the sine sweep?

Thanks!
Old 20th February 2016
Gear Addict

So.... The problem is that the ADAT i/o on the RME isn't locking to the 96k sample rate. Analog outs on the RME playback correctly (no chirp), but I was monitoring through the Lucid convertors which were being fed via ADAT from the RME. It appears as though this issue has morphed into an RME question.
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search