The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Soundtoys sale: what plugins of theirs are REALLY worth it?
Old 13th July 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMaster View Post
Sounds like you NEED the rack! I have made some insane keyboard sounds with it, and I also like to see all the plugins, makes it easier to experiment and sometimes go Oh I got this one too!!! lol
I ended up getting it with the sale!

My studio has been down for about a year now though, so I haven't had much time to create. But I re-open in about a week. Very excited.... and can't wait to turn simple sounds into complex beings lol
Old 13th July 2018
Gear Guru
If I wanted to go cheap with ST I'd buy the junior versions BUT the value is insane and everything they have is super deep and useful. Another point for them is some of their plug ins are older like Decapitator and Echoboy, and are still relevant. They sound great and I don't think "better" is coming out anytime soon!.....if ever....
Old 13th July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzo4880 View Post
they are all awesome in different ways... if you can hold off til Black Friday they normally run a deal for $250 for the whole bundle.
In addition if you already own some of them, it will be less than $250, depending on how many you own.

I have always found Black Friday to be the best time for SoundToys.
Old 14th July 2018
Here for the gear

I've bought Echoboy Jr. and Little plate. Both are totally worth the price. Echoboy Jr. is more than enough for basic and even beyond basic needs. Little plate is sort of a one trick pony. It does one thing, but it does it very good
Old 14th July 2018
Lives for gear

I started with Soundtoys way back when they called themselves "wave mechanics" on my (long dead) pro tools tdm systems. They were building pretty sophisticated plugins back then, like "soundblender" and "timeblender" ... a predictor of things to come, but with not nearly the sound quality of today's native 5.

ST offers tremendous value and the potential for creativity in an easy-to-use package of several plugs - my only complaint is recent editions have been a little less stable, causing some crashes and broken functions on my PT 12.8 system

Still highly recommended though.
Old 16th July 2019
Lives for gear

They have the echo-pack on sale now for only 99 €. GREAT deal!
Old 16th July 2019
Gear Head

I've been using them for such a long time (loved their stuff from the days of PitchBlender and so on), and think the current bundle offering is a fantastic value. There are so many of them which are in my sessions that I hesitate to just name a couple. But I'd like to mention that when used judiciously Decapitator can be phenomenal to generate unusual textures for sound design.

No real problems using them recently (either aax or vst), very helpful features. Highly recommended.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search