The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Orchestra Tools VS Spitfire Audio Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 17th February 2016
Gear Nut

Orchestra Tools VS Spitfire Audio

Hi everybody,

i have a question for people who tried both instruments :

Which library do you prefer in general ?

I have the Spitfire Library (all main instruments), i'm happy with it but very curius how is the Orchestra tools, like the percussion bundle, strings. What is the big difference ?

Too expensive to try by myself =).

I don't like the percussion instrument of Spitfire, there are too little instruments inside, only basic stuff.. so i have the percussion plugin from Eastwest. How about the Orchestra tools ?
Old 17th February 2016
Lives for gear

Berlin for playability, Spitfire for sound.
Old 17th February 2016
Gear Nut

I also tried all instruments from Eastwest, the sound is really better with Spitfire. I prefer the quality of sound than the playability =)
Old 17th February 2016
Lives for gear

Sure, but in addition to the playability thing, there's certain important things that affect the end results which which IMO are better in Berlin Strings - things which are not about "playability". If you just want a inspiring sound, Spitfire may be the best choice, but (depending on what kind of music you make), the end results will often sound better with Berlin Strings. One reason for this is that the legatos sound more real/natural, another is that the Berlin in many ways is more user friendly - so you can focus more on what matters (music!). This thread may be interesting for you.
Old 17th February 2016
Gear Nut

interesting ! It's a shame we cannot try it before buying, especially when the plugins are expensive. I'm making classical music (mozart style - hope ! haha), of course it's not perfect, maybe later i will buy one or 2 instruments from Berlin, why not a mix !
Seems to have a lot of differences. thanks for the link !
Old 18th February 2016
Lives for gear

You're welcome! Here are some other links from the same site:
http://vi-control.net/community/thre.../#post-3938732
http://vi-control.net/community/thre...-issues.49151/
http://vi-control.net/community/thre...d-sound.48068/

Btw, you can't just buy one instrument at a time from the Berlin Strings package.
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search